3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Please help me.

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2009, 09:26 PM
jb07ram
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Please help me.

I just bought an 07 Ram Sport. When I have the headlights on and let off the brake it dings. This is really getting on my nerves and I don't know where to start to fix the problem. If anyone else has had this problem or if anyone knows of a way to fix this,please give me some advice. Thanks in advance.

Old 06-20-2009, 11:36 PM
Dodgeboy77
Veteran

Is your alternator charging? You should have 14.5 volts across the battery when it is running.

Old 06-20-2009, 11:49 PM
Denniss66
Veteran

07 ram how many miles you got on it cause if you still got the warrenty take it in to dodge or just turn your key on and off 3 times without starting it and see if a code pops up on your odometer then i can tell you what the code is.

Old 06-21-2009, 02:21 AM
Pyro
I Beat Tetris
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is the "Lamp Out" message flashing below the tach? The board that holds the taillight bulbs go out all the time on these trucks, and will trigger the Lamp Out light and ding. It will also trigger when there is varying voltage going to the board, and ding but not keep the Lamp Out light on, generally an indicator that the board or a bulb will fail in the near future. You can get a replacement board online for about $22 or $20-40 depending on the dealer.

Old 06-21-2009, 09:10 AM
jb07ram

Originally Posted by Dodgeboy77
Is your alternator charging? You should have 14.5 volts across the battery when it is running.
My guage does not show the actual number of volts, it shows that it is over half, but not 3/4 charge. Is this charging adequately?

Old 06-21-2009, 09:16 AM
jb07ram

I tried turning the key 3 times and got nothing. It has 41K on it and there is no lamp out light on. It seems to be running fine, I just talked to the mechanic at the dealership I bought it from and he had no clue what it could be. Have any of you ever heard of this before? Thanks for the help guys.

Old 06-21-2009, 11:43 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by jb07ram
My guage does not show the actual number of volts, it shows that it is over half, but not 3/4 charge. Is this charging adequately?
If you dont have a meter to check it yourself or know anyone else who does, then take it to any auto parts store and they will check it.

Old 06-21-2009, 12:20 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

I just talked to the mechanic at the dealership I bought it from and he had no clue what it could be. Have any of you ever heard of this before? Thanks for the help guys.
Surprise, surprise. i wouldn't consider anything less of them.
Pyro knows more than the Master techs!!!!!!!! What the hell are you doing here?....lol

Old 06-21-2009, 06:07 PM
NYBowbender

I tried turning the key 3 times and got nothing. It has 41K on it and there is no lamp out light on. It seems to be running fine, I just talked to the mechanic at the dealership I bought it from and he had no clue what it could be. Have any of you ever heard of this before? Thanks for the help guys.
Have someone stand behind your truck and hit the brakes, you probably have a lamp out. I had this exact same thing happen to me, got no warning light at all on the dash, and finally figured out that since it only happened when I hit the brakes that it might be a light... and it was.