3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Couple of questions???

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2009, 06:37 PM
JonM2007
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Couple of questions???

I have a 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab SLT. The rear passenger side turn signal quit working and I know it not the bulb or the taillight housing. So I think that it might be a wiring issue. I also know it not a fuse. Has anyone heard anything about this or is this a popular problem on these trucks. Also my other problem is that when I start the truck and it is in park it idles up and down. No CEL or anything like that. Does anyone have any suggestions to what might be wrong??

Old 06-21-2009, 08:17 PM
BEAR
Record Breaker

I've heard alot on here about a board that goes bad that controls the tail lights. I don't know alot about it cuz I ain't never had it happen to me but maybe someone else will chime in on that. From what I understand they aren't very expensive to replace. As far as the idle problem, when was the last time you cleaned the TB? And BTW Welcome to the DF!

Old 06-21-2009, 09:13 PM
hemidel
Professional

I 2nd the throttle body cleaning if you havent done it. As for the lighting issue, i had the same issue with my passenger side rear tailight. I never really figured out the problem, but i had to replace a bulb back there and when I put the taillight back on, it was working. It had to do something with the wiring or plugs back there. Anyways, i was intaking some water in that tailight so i replaced it and it came with a new backing where you screw the bulbs in. Never had a problem again. Just check your plug in connections.

Quick Reply: Couple of questions???