3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Warranty and other questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 10:02 AM
therabidrev
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warranty and other questions

I bought a brand new 2008 Ram 1500 RCSB this January with a 3.7 auto. I love my Dodge! Over the past few years I've owned a Plymouth, a Chrysler, 2 Jeeps and this Ram, transitioning to an all-Mopar family. This from a guy who once sold Fords and drove them exclusively for years.

As a newbie to Dodge Forum I have a few questions: First, will a cat-back exhaust system void that sweet lifetime powertrain warranty? What about a 2" drop on the back end, will that void it?

So far I have a Fram Air Hog filter (not the CAI, just the filter) and an ArmorLid hard tonneau. I thought a Magnaflow or Flowmaster system might help with the sound and power. My only real complaint about the 3.7 is the downshifting on interstate to pull hills. I have a fairly long commute, about 100 miles a day, and I'm averaging 18-19 mpg. I'd like to hit 20 mpg. Any ideas?

Last edited by therabidrev; 06-22-2009 at 10:04 AM. Reason: left out key word
Old 06-22-2009, 01:00 PM
chambers
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you want to increase your gas mileage your best bet is an electric fan to replace the clutch driven fan. I have seen about 1.5 mpg improvement since I installed mine. The easiest way to do the e-fan is to buy this kit http://moesperformance.com/index.php...r_of_uploads=0 b/c it comes w/ everything you need for about $250. I just did my exhaust and I don't think it has any effect on the powertrain warranty, but I haven't had it long enough to know if it has helped out my gas mileage. As for the drop I don't see how that could screw up the powertrain warranty, but you should call a dealer and ask them to be sure.

Old 06-22-2009, 03:46 PM
therabidrev
Smile

Thanks, chambers. Mine's silver, too.

Old 06-22-2009, 03:57 PM
derricksmash
V6 Ram Moderator

get a cai and headers.

are you rocking the 17" stock wheels? or are you rolling with the 20"? noentheless, lighter wheels.

and also, welcome dude!

Old 06-22-2009, 04:22 PM
therabidrev
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by derricksmash
get a cai and headers.

are you rocking the 17" stock wheels? or are you rolling with the 20"? noentheless, lighter wheels.

and also, welcome dude!
Thanks for the welcome, and nice red truck, too. I have the 17" factories with the 265/70 tires. I've also had my glass tinted and Westin nerf bars put on. The 20" wheels do look good.

I'd like as deep of an exhaust tone as I can get - I don't want to sound like a Civic with a Maxwell House can muffler and a yin/yang decal in the back window.

Old 06-22-2009, 09:56 PM
Freakinkeith806
All Star

Welcome to DF. We like to see pics of other truck on here, lol. The drop shouldn't effect the warranty at all. It's all basically just the powertrain you can't mess with... I have a CAI and Flowmaster 50 series exhaust, it doesn't get ricey.

Old 06-23-2009, 09:06 AM
therabidrev
Smile

Originally Posted by Freakinkeith806
Welcome to DF. We like to see pics of other truck on here, lol. The drop shouldn't effect the warranty at all. It's all basically just the powertrain you can't mess with... I have a CAI and Flowmaster 50 series exhaust, it doesn't get ricey.

Thanks, Keith. My son's Cherokee 4.0 straight 6 sounds sweet with a Flowmaster 40. I'll be looking around for local examples to hear things with my own ears. Nice truck, and BTW, sorry about the Honda comment, I notice the tuner car next to the Ram. I actually own a 2 wheel Honda, an 1800 VTX, which roars more like a big block than a weedeater on steroids like some bikes.

Old 06-23-2009, 02:14 PM
derricksmash
V6 Ram Moderator

youtube can give you tons of examples.

Quick Reply: Warranty and other questions