3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

hemi vs. lightning

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2005, 05:15 AM
rIntro
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: hemi vs. lightning

Whatever hater. Come to the track and lets see how fast your ford is. Pffft!

Old 03-25-2005, 01:32 PM
horatio102
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: rIntro

Whatever hater. Come to the track and lets see how fast your ford is. Pffft!
You talking to me? I guarantee my 3000 lb ~350 hp Ford will spank your Hemi up, down, and back around again.

[&:]

Old 03-25-2005, 08:22 PM
locked up
Professional

Someone's Lighting is faster than my Hemi? Whoopty doo...I didn't get a Hemi to race it ... good rating for a 1/2 ton light duty tow rig, room inside & I prefer the looks of it to most other fullsizes. I also got a deal that would make most of you cringe.

I don't know my 1/4 mile time. I know I probably don't get the best gas mileage. I don't give a rats **** either. I came from driving a built up Jeep that got 10-12 mpg and this thing is plenty fast enough to put a sheit-eating grin on my face forever. It came with a K&N & flowmasters on it, so I assume mine sounds a little "meaner" than average ... but either way it's a pretty slick truck. With the exception of the hook thing under the dash. WTF is that anyway?

I never really got into the "race-truck" thing ... a truck is a tool to me and I'd never blow a bunch of dough just to be able to go faster on the street in anything .... I'd probably end up killing myself if I did. But that said, I'm glad I'm not driving something that can't get out of it's own way.

4K for a supercharger? I'd rather spend the money bedliner, shocks, tires, a CB and a Saigon ***** that will bite my nose off

Really though, I hope you guys that are out there "racing" each other are sticking to the track and aren't doing stuff on surface streets. Hate to hear of anybody killing someone, getting hurt or getting thrown in a "pound me in the ****" prision for doing something stupid.

Old 03-26-2005, 03:46 PM
vipersforsale
Record Breaker

HEY horatio102 are you aware that this forum is for Dodge owners and people that actually have something to contribute to it. On top of that this particular thread is in the 3rd gen area and you dont have one, so go fly your kite where somebody cares because it aint here...

Lets hook my HEMI up to the bumper of your ford and see who will be towing who! All you'll be doing is burning rubber while I am draggin your *** around the block.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it

Old 03-26-2005, 05:22 PM
horatio102
Champion

Somebody's got a complex.

I'm fully aware that this forum is for Dodge owners. I own a dodge. I owned a 99 WJ as well for a while. No, I don't have a 3rd gen, but does that mean I know nothing about them? Does that mean I can't answer people's questions or give my opinion? Why not chain up your little 2wd to my truck and see who's pulling who.

Old 03-27-2005, 06:02 AM
vipersforsale
Record Breaker

Oh so now you want to bring out your truck, what happened to the ford?

Apples to apples and oranges to oranges, when it comes down to it, your ford is just that, a ford and a car at that... when you want to compete with the truck guys you need to talk trucks. If your wanting to get your ford spanked by a car I am sure one of the neon srt4 guys will spank it good for ya! And dude we are talkin HEMI's, if you dont have one then you dont know what your talkin about. Like many others posting here you have to talk all that smack about your non-dodge auto and how great it is, well us dodge guys could care less.

And by the way, I dont have a complex, I just know your ford mustang isnt doing any spanking here, only you are... and its your monkey at that.

Old 03-27-2005, 10:18 AM
moparturd
Banned

OK guys. Lets keep it just short of calling each other names. Seriously.

Old 03-27-2005, 06:35 PM
horatio102
Champion

ORIGINAL: HungfatPhucwell

Oh so now you want to bring out your truck, what happened to the ford?

Apples to apples and oranges to oranges, when it comes down to it, your ford is just that, a ford and a car at that... when you want to compete with the truck guys you need to talk trucks. If your wanting to get your ford spanked by a car I am sure one of the neon srt4 guys will spank it good for ya! And dude we are talkin HEMI's, if you dont have one then you dont know what your talkin about. Like many others posting here you have to talk all that smack about your non-dodge auto and how great it is, well us dodge guys could care less.

And by the way, I dont have a complex, I just know your ford mustang isnt doing any spanking here, only you are... and its your monkey at that.
Hey mr. phuckwell, rIntro mentioned the ford, I just said it was faster than his hemi. There are some hemis that would give it a run for its money, but without a blower or a large hit of n20 it's not going to happen. Then you said you could pull it around. Horay for you. I could pull your little hemi around with my truck. So I've got a car that's faster than your truck, and you get testy. Then you try to show me who's boss by telling me how bad-*** your truck is, and I countered with a big whoopty-do, you want to pull stuff, try pulling my truck. And again you get all bent out of shape. You DO have a complex. Yay, the all-mighty hemi is great. Except a lot of them are getting worse gas mileage than my 20 year old Ram. And a lot of them have weird ticking noises. And some of them have things inside the engine breaking such as pistons.
So what if I don't have a HEMI. I don't want one. But it doesn't mean I don't know what I'm talking about.

Old 03-27-2005, 10:49 PM
vipersforsale
Record Breaker

talkin about a twist of reality, your reply is full of inaccurate misperceptions of fact...

I'll stop this conversation here, obviously its a total waste of everyones time, especially mine.

Old 03-27-2005, 10:56 PM
horatio102
Champion

That's humerous. Tell me what I've got wrong. It's a waste of your time because you don't know what you are talking about.

ORIGINAL: HungfatPhucwell

talkin about a twist of reality, your reply is full of inaccurate misperceptions of fact...

I'll stop this conversation here, obviously its a total waste of everyones time, especially mine.

Quick Reply: hemi vs. lightning