3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Green Light Things?

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2009 | 01:53 AM
ilovemyram
|
Default Green Light Things?

So i'm watching fast and furious, and it's at the very beginning and i see the civics, that they hijack the truck with, and i'm jealous of those green light things underneath (PICS BELOW).

Anyone know what they're called and where to get em?

Also, anyone know if their street legal in Cali, or where to look to find that out?

Old 06-24-2009 | 02:08 AM
AF_HEMI
Champion

civics... is THAT what im pickin out of my grille once a week? man those are so annoying! haha .

they're neon lights. legal in CA as long as they're green (cant be red, blue, white, purple, orange, or black because they resemble cops too much).

Old 06-24-2009 | 02:14 AM
ilovemyram
|

Originally Posted by AF_HEMI
civics... is THAT what im pickin out of my grille once a week? man those are so annoying! haha .

they're neon lights. legal in CA as long as they're green (cant be red, blue, white, purple, orange, or black because they resemble cops too much).
ah yes, the civics can be a b****

SWEET. Me=Excited.

Although it prolly won't help with the cops. I literally got a ticket for unsafe lane change last week. :/

Last edited by ilovemyram; 06-24-2009 at 02:16 AM.
Old 06-24-2009 | 02:29 AM
abarmby
Champion

Fast and the furious................ahh yes. I always have to laugh at that film.

What's with the, "he's running so much Nos the intake manifold is gonna pop". Then we see a floor plate and rivets start exploding and sparks everywhere on the car floor when he first races Vin Diesel. Holywood???
Ha ha ha ha too much man, too much!
Al.

Old 06-24-2009 | 02:59 AM
ilovemyram
|

Originally Posted by abarmby
Fast and the furious................ahh yes. I always have to laugh at that film.

What's with the, "he's running so much Nos the intake manifold is gonna pop". Then we see a floor plate and rivets start exploding and sparks everywhere on the car floor when he first races Vin Diesel. Holywood???
Ha ha ha ha too much man, too much!
Al.
The part that confused me was when diesel was talking about double clutching, even though they were driving 80,000 dollar cars that for some reason didn't have syncronizers?

Last edited by ilovemyram; 06-24-2009 at 03:07 AM.
Old 06-24-2009 | 07:06 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member

IDK, but me personally, I think the neon belong on a ricer and not on a truck UNLESS you got a 4/6 drop with 22/24s and sitting on the ground. If its got stock or lifted suspension then I wouldnt do neons.

Old 06-24-2009 | 10:27 AM
John M
Record Breaker

I can't believe undercar neon is still a fad. I admit I installed it under my Eclipse -- back in 1992 that is!

Mine was white neon under a white car and it did look badass. It made the car appear to float down the road.

Old 06-24-2009 | 01:59 PM
JoeHemi
Record Breaker

All neon lighting is Illegal here in WA while the vehicle is in motion.

Old 06-24-2009 | 02:16 PM
jonnymagnum
Grand Champion

neon is gay

Old 06-24-2009 | 04:40 PM
OlDirtyJohn
Record Breaker

I once helped a buddy install an underbody light kit on his 92 ford aerostar van. haha. it was an led kit, and had a controller inside, so you could change colors and patterns, etc. that thing was something to behold with the dual flowmasters, underbody lights, horrible chipping/peeling paint job, and some pep boys spinner hubcaps.

Quick Reply: Green Light Things?