3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Surround sound in you quadcab?

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 11:10 PM
05RamMan
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by froto'sride
05RamMan...I know that this may be a dumb suggestion but some people actually think that surround sound makes music sound better but it doesn't so if your intended purpose is soley for music then I wouldn't recommend it.
Have you ever heard a music dvd encoded using all 5 discrete channels? It is amazing sound.

Originally Posted by froto'sride
besides if music were recorded in surround sound then it would suck because every instrument would sound as if were coming from one speaker in the cab depending on where it's located during the recording... but for movies..yes i intend on doing the same thing.
This isn't the case, Sometimes the music is moving from area to area, Other times yes they do use it to single a specific instrument or section or effect. I.E. Bohemian Rhapsody... Easy come, easy go, Little high. little low, goes from Left to right, Then back to front.

Pink floyd the wall, The part with the helicopter sounds like it is above you.

Eagles Seven Bridges row, Well... Thats gotta be my favorite, Really gotta hear it to understand. Lets just say it uses extensive use of the discrete channels.

Among alot others.

Originally Posted by dirtydog
i cannot think of who had a computer based custom dvd install for the newer Ram trucks? He was askin like $2g's for everything, processor, custom made LCD ginourmous touch screen. like big, 9" or something custom flush mounted. Was a good deal, but requires a bit of storage space for the external drivers etc.. It was someone on this forums about 6 months ago??????
I thought about doing this,However, Since they offer Head units with everything and I don't have to get to technical with it and the installation, I decided against it.

Last edited by 05RamMan; 06-29-2009 at 11:14 PM.
Old 06-30-2009, 12:14 AM
Jarrod904
Veteran

Originally Posted by BadStratRT
jarrod, do they obstruct your rear view mirror vision at all?
nope not at all! all though i do find my self looking up higher at them cuz i like the way it looks! haha

Old 06-30-2009, 07:34 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by dirtydog
i cannot think of who had a computer based custom dvd install for the newer Ram trucks? He was askin like $2g's for everything, processor, custom made LCD ginourmous touch screen. like big, 9" or something custom flush mounted. Was a good deal, but requires a bit of storage space for the external drivers etc.. It was someone on this forums about 6 months ago??????
Is this the one you are talking about Dog?

Started work on the computer for my truck..

[EDIT] and HERE is the only 5.1 processor I know of that will work with my AVIC.

Last edited by weedahoe; 06-30-2009 at 07:39 AM.
Old 06-30-2009, 04:23 PM
05RamMan
Captain

I purchased a kenwod H.U. that has everything built in, including the surround processor.

Quick Reply: Surround sound in you quadcab?