3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

HID Vendor Group Buy

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2009 | 12:09 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

Originally Posted by Rebeltilldeath3
I'm still skeptical about cheap HID's. Any reputable company has their "kits" starting at $200, and that's on the cheap side.
so something has to be better because it costs more? we should tell viper owners that about ferraris...

Old 07-07-2009 | 12:20 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

I am interested but I want to hear some first hand results before I go ahead and order.

Old 07-07-2009 | 01:15 PM
SilverBullet08
|
Grand Champion

Originally Posted by xfeejayx
hey Weedahoe, you got HIDs in the stock housing right? any ideas if you are blinding people? also, the headlight is a 9007 right? these guys don't seem to be offering that, is a 9006 the same thing?
what do you mean? they have the 9007

Old 07-07-2009 | 01:38 PM
xfeejayx
3rd gen Ram, Newbies

Originally Posted by SilverBullet08
what do you mean? they have the 9007
he didn't have it in his post. however, it IS available on their website, so I did order those.

Old 07-07-2009 | 01:42 PM
SilverBullet08
|
Grand Champion

he didn't have it in his post. however, it IS available on their website, so I did order those.
ok did u get the high and low? im about to just order bc it looks like this gb is not going to work....

Old 07-07-2009 | 02:07 PM
hidextra.com
Former Vendor

I understand your skepticism, but we have our own manufacturing plant, and the reason you see reputable companies selling the kits starting at $200 is because every middleman it goes through tacs on another $20 for their own profit.

The "brand" always make things more expensive even if it's the same product. Of course there are exceptions, but in the auto industry, not many reputable companies own their own manufacturing plants as it's a higher cost for them then just private labeling.

Since our HID kits are no labeled, many large distributors actually private labels these and sell them at twice the cost.

Thanks for your comment though, hope I was some help.

Michelle

Originally Posted by Rebeltilldeath3
You guys try first, I'll wait.

I'm still skeptical about cheap HID's. Any reputable company has their "kits" starting at $200, and that's on the cheap side.

Old 07-07-2009 | 02:21 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User

Guys. not sure what everyone anticipates, but I have lots of free time on my hands these days. I have a Fedex commercial account and don't mind at all using it to help everyone out.
Shouldn't cost more than $10 to ship each kit. Also, 2-3day Fl;at rate box should be big enough to fit a single kit in. Cost is $9.75

Old 07-07-2009 | 02:27 PM
Rebeltilldeath3
Professional

Originally Posted by BadStratRT
so something has to be better because it costs more? we should tell viper owners that about ferraris...
Yeah, usually the more it costs the better it is.

Would you put a $25 cam in your motor or buy a $150 60" LCD TV?

Also, Ferrari's spank Vipers all day everyday on the track. Hell, even a Z06 can.

Old 07-07-2009 | 02:37 PM
hidextra.com
Former Vendor

A. ) The only difference between our bulbs and theirs is the price. The ones people sell for $200 is that we own our own manufacturing plant therefore you pay the price with no middleman profits, let me explain an example of how a kit can get to $200

(1.) Manufacturing sells at $60 for example
(2.) Distributors adds $30 (sells for $90 to wholesalers)
(3.) Wholesalers adds $30 (sells for $120 to Resellers)
(4.) Resellers adds $30 (Sells for $150 to Retailers)
(5.) Retailers adds $30 - $50 (Sells for $200 to individual)

That's also the reason why retailers can have specials like (15% off specials)

B.) Bi-xenon means that both your HI beam and Low beam are both HIDs.
So when you go to Hi BEAM it will be more clear than the halogens most people have.

C.) You can go to
http://www.sylvania.com/ConsumerProd...lacementGuide/

to look for what fog bulb types your car uses. Most of our HID kits works for the fog lights too if you want to change them.

Let me know if you have more questions, always here to help.

Michelle

Originally Posted by 05RamMan
I am interested.

Is there a difference between the light these bulbs put out and the $200 bulbs?

I have projector housings, Use H1 bulbs. I would also like to put brights in, I mean real brights, Is that Bi-xenon? I realize flashing is out because there is a bit of warm up time. But If I go offroad in the woods, I want to see what im am looking after. I think what I am wanting is the ability to light up the "Brights bulbs" and projectors at the same time.

Also what bulbs are the factory fogs using? As when I do this im upgrading these fogs to.

Thanks guys for any help you can give me.

Old 07-07-2009 | 02:39 PM
hidextra.com
Former Vendor

Hello,

We do have 9007, please take a look here for the bi-xenon

http://www.hidextra.com/HID+Conversi...ef0148b969d874

Thanks~

hey Weedahoe, you got HIDs in the stock housing right? any ideas if you are blinding people? also, the headlight is a 9007 right? these guys don't seem to be offering that, is a 9006 the same thing?

Quick Reply: HID Vendor Group Buy