3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

HID Vendor Group Buy

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2009 | 08:14 PM
hidextra.com
Former Vendor

Reminder for Dodgeforum member orders:

For those of you who have ordered or going to order in the future, please remember to include your cars

1.) YEAR
2.) MAKE
3.) MODEL

under the notes area of the order on www.hidextra.com

so we can double check your Bulb type and if a special wire harness is needed for your specific car model.

If you have already ordered and didn't supply us with this information, when you receive your order, please install the kit as is and if there is any problems, email me at info@hidextra.com and I'll have a special wire harness sent out to you.

Thank you!

Old 07-07-2009 | 08:59 PM
05RamMan
Captain

Do i have to buy the harness if I buy the kit? Or does the kit come with the harness?

Old 07-07-2009 | 09:01 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member

I keep telling you guys you are going to need or use the HID high beams. Buy by them and see. I though the same thing but I never use them really. But here is a question for the seller, how are you guys making the the HIDs go from Low to High? I mean is it electro-magnet to raise the bulb or what?

DirtyDog, sry to here about the slow down. I hope everything works out as you plan it.

Old 07-07-2009 | 09:22 PM
damien1023
Veteran

Originally Posted by hidextra.com

For those of you who have ordered or going to order in the future, please remember to include your cars

1.) YEAR
2.) MAKE
3.) MODEL

so we can double check your Bulb type and if a special wire harness is needed for your specific car model.

If you have already ordered and didn't supply us with this information, when you receive your order, please install the kit as is and if there is any problems, email me at info@hidextra.com and I'll have a special wire harness sent out to you.

Thank you!

I wish you would have said that in your original post. I bet I will need this because I have an 07. I emailed you about it. Please let me know. Thanks

Old 07-08-2009 | 08:05 PM
hidextra.com
Former Vendor

Only some cars require the special wire / harness , it will be free if you purchase a kit and your car needs that (we will double check for you).

THerefore when you order, you have to supply us with your YEAR MAKE MODEL, otherwise if we ship out your kit and you didn't give us your YEAR MAKE AND MODEL , you will have to buy the harness separately for $15 since we have to pay for extra shipping the 2nd time.

Thank you!

Originally Posted by 05RamMan
Do i have to buy the harness if I buy the kit? Or does the kit come with the harness?

Old 07-08-2009 | 08:07 PM
hidextra.com
Former Vendor

I have already replied to your email, please PM me your address so I can send one out to you. Thank you!

Originally Posted by damien1023
I wish you would have said that in your original post. I bet I will need this because I have an 07. I emailed you about it. Please let me know. Thanks

Old 07-08-2009 | 08:18 PM
hidextra.com
Former Vendor

For the HI/LO, there are two bulb in one bulb base and switching to high beam will switch from lowHID to high Halogen.

For the bi-xenon, it uses the electro-Magnet to emulate the switch from low to high.

Let me know if you have more questions. THanks!

Michelle

Originally Posted by weedahoe
I keep telling you guys you are going to need or use the HID high beams. Buy by them and see. I though the same thing but I never use them really. But here is a question for the seller, how are you guys making the the HIDs go from Low to High? I mean is it electro-magnet to raise the bulb or what?

DirtyDog, sry to here about the slow down. I hope everything works out as you plan it.

Old 07-08-2009 | 09:31 PM
damien1023
Veteran

i replied via email! thanks!

I have already replied to your email, please PM me your address so I can send one out to you. Thank you!

Old 07-09-2009 | 03:38 PM
hidextra.com
Former Vendor

Relay has been shipped, Thanks!

Originally Posted by damien1023
i replied via email! thanks!

Old 07-09-2009 | 09:27 PM
xfeejayx
3rd gen Ram, Newbies

1.) YEAR
2.) MAKE
3.) MODEL

Thank you!
I'm going to need some sort of harness/relay. just shows lamp out and no light. aside from that, the BULB DOES NOT FIT IN THE HOUSING!
It is a 9007 bulb, but the diameter is just a little bit too big, so it physically does not slide into the housing. Got a solution, or are all of us sending these back?

Quick Reply: HID Vendor Group Buy