3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Anyone else's?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2009, 03:36 PM
Bobby M
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
Soooo yea brought her to the dealer this morning...lovely experience as always. Doesn't anyone work anymore because I swear there was 20 people there by 740 in the morning.

Just got off the phone with the service guy and they're replacing the tank for the spills, driver mirror that the suspension broke, and inside window strips for the scratches. Course they're blaming the shimmy/hopping on tire rotation and balance...shocker. I'm having the foreman look at it before I go over there and lose my mind.

Anyone have the tolerance specs for a cooling system pressure test on a hemi? They're saying it tested good but I don't believe them....going to do it myself and check for gases in the coolant while i'm in there. Fun fun..
I had the gas spill/spit problem already - dealer replaced the gas tank and that seems to have fixed the problem. Btw, what exactly is the "shimmy/hopping" problem that you're having? Mine shakes when driving between 60-65 mph. Just wondering if we're having the same problem...

Old 07-10-2009, 05:18 PM
regert
Professional

I'm taking my Ram in on Tuesday for the rear diff clunking, change the frt diff fluid, T-case fluid and trans fluid. Also to see whats making the clicking noise in the engine and to re flash the computer and engine light is on.

Old 07-10-2009, 08:24 PM
SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
Record Breaker

Got the truck back this morning...the only thing improved so far is the tank. Filled her up on my way home with no spilling

The mirror shakes less (that's the side with the messed up suspension) but the new one whistles when driving . The gap between the base and mirror housing is too big causing the whistle...it's easily twice that of my other mirror. I just can't win....FML.

And then there's the windowssss. For some reason they replaced the outside moldings on the windows (one's back ordered)....but the scratching is on the inside of the windows like I told and showed them . FML again..

Suspension is still crappy on driverside..."road forced" balanced tires and all

So yeaaa...going back next week.

Originally Posted by Bobby M
I had the gas spill/spit problem already - dealer replaced the gas tank and that seems to have fixed the problem. Btw, what exactly is the "shimmy/hopping" problem that you're having? Mine shakes when driving between 60-65 mph. Just wondering if we're having the same problem...
Yea the tech said the old tank had a bad check ball.

Over any little bump and especially on the highway the driverside shakes and shimmys up and down....the passenger side is fine over those same bumps though. If it was the whole truck then i'd chaulk it up to being normal....but when only one corner of one side is doing it there's something wrong.

Old 07-10-2009, 10:34 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

It's a shame that so many dealers are total idiots. No wonder Chrysler is hurting. Most of these service writers don't know dung about cars. They are about as knowledgeable about cars as the young kids working at AutoZone. Many of the dealer mechanics can't think out of the box either. No code, no problem. WTF??? There is no TSB for that problem, so it must not exist.
I must admit that the Ford dealer network, though not perfect, is much better than Chrysler's. When I had my F150, I never had these type of problems with their service dept.
My Dodge dealer is OK, you just have to very clearly explain what your problem is to try to get it resolved.

Old 07-11-2009, 12:38 AM
VP64
Captain

the third gen rams a notorious for scratching after market window tint when u roll the window down. mines has verticle scratches all over the windows. i read it on this program called "all data". they have a whole list of defects.
but besides that i dont get sqeaky windows on mine and they have to be rolled up manualy

Last edited by VP64; 07-11-2009 at 12:42 AM.
Old 07-11-2009, 01:57 AM
SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by VP64
the third gen rams a notorious for scratching after market window tint when u roll the window down. mines has verticle scratches all over the windows. i read it on this program called "all data". they have a whole list of defects.
but besides that i dont get sqeaky windows on mine and they have to be rolled up manualy
That's the main reason I want to get this fixed so I can tint my side windows. And not having people look at you like WTF when I roll my windows down would be nice....i'm starting to think i'm asking too much.

Old 07-11-2009, 11:52 AM
Bobby M
Amateur

Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
Got the truck back this morning...the only thing improved so far is the tank. Filled her up on my way home with no spilling

The mirror shakes less (that's the side with the messed up suspension) but the new one whistles when driving . The gap between the base and mirror housing is too big causing the whistle...it's easily twice that of my other mirror. I just can't win....FML.

And then there's the windowssss. For some reason they replaced the outside moldings on the windows (one's back ordered)....but the scratching is on the inside of the windows like I told and showed them . FML again..

Suspension is still crappy on driverside..."road forced" balanced tires and all

So yeaaa...going back next week.

Yea the tech said the old tank had a bad check ball.

Over any little bump and especially on the highway the driverside shakes and shimmys up and down....the passenger side is fine over those same bumps though. If it was the whole truck then i'd chaulk it up to being normal....but when only one corner of one side is doing it there's something wrong.
Consider yourself lucky... When I took mine in about the gas spitting problem, it took them a week to figure out the problem and then another week to get the new gas tank in. But the best part was getting my truck back with bird **** all over it.

Old 07-11-2009, 02:14 PM
SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
Record Breaker

Two weeks?? Geez that really sucks yet completely believable. I've noticed the dealer tends to put warranty work vehicles on the back burner....which is understandable since they get paid less verses a paying customer but it's still BS. That's why I called everyday it was there asking for a progress report which i'm sure pissed them off.