3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Solid Axle conversion.

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2009, 04:09 PM
rtmtrrdr
All Star
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm not trying to flame you in anyway but....why?.You could use that 3g's for some pretty sick mods to your engine...but thats just me

Old 07-17-2009, 08:59 PM
Ryanhizzle89
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea man you can do it, i found a solid axle that has very little miles on it from a guy that can't sell it, everyone around me is hurting right now for money, so hes selling me the whole front end of a 2004 ram 2500 for $750, includes everything I need for the whole setup. The guy im buying it through actually knows a shop that has done this swap before and from what I know they are a really good shop. Their labor is going to be $1200-1500 for taking my current lift off and putting the lift on and the swap.

The lift I'm buying is the Top Guns Custom 8" suspension through them. But before I buy that lift is it worth my money?

I didn't find jack crap at any junkyards though, thats why I have to keep my back axle for right now.

Old 07-18-2009, 01:39 AM
Ryanhizzle89
Rookie

Originally Posted by rtmtrrdr
I'm not trying to flame you in anyway but....why?.You could use that 3g's for some pretty sick mods to your engine...but thats just me
Because I can go bigger, me selling my rig and getting a 2500 with a lift will cost more also.

Old 07-18-2009, 03:36 AM
Animal Mother
Captain

There's only two ways you can go with these rigs it seems, either you go low and fast or you just jack that ****er up and make it look mean as hell. Either way works for me because its cool both ways. just my opinion though

Old 07-18-2009, 11:28 AM
TheFist
Veteran

No problem on the flame. I use my truck alot off road. Even a Dana 44 would be much stronger than the ifs and would handle the bigger tires and abuse off road does to your truck.

I can still beef the engine later.

Common sense would say, just buy a truck thats already got the solid front axle but at this point, the truck is very near paid off and I wouldn't want to go out and finance another one or buy an older one that could have any number of future repairs. Both scenarios would easily eclipse the 3 grand outlay for a front end swap.

Quick Reply: Solid Axle conversion.