3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.
View Poll Results: What to do?
Rancho 9000XL's
36.84%
TTI Headers w/Magnaflow cats and Y
52.63%
Neither
10.53%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Can't decide against shocks or headers??

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2009, 12:00 AM
SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dirtydog
I am going to spend money on soemthing....lol
It will either be Rancho Quicklift shocks up front paired with their 9000XL's for the rear along with a front end alignment. OR a set of TTI Headers?

Now, the shocks whould give a much better ride quailty versux the very bumpy and wandering stock shocks. Along with that, it will set the front of the truck level and give it stunning looks.

The headers, being Longtube, will surely deter the dealer from doing much of anything that involves the engine/transmission...etc I don't have any issue's pulling them off before any major service work, but I don't plan on going them for ANYTHING unless my ecu needs a reflash. Besides, I have until 36kmi before I have to start bringin it in to them for the 5kmi check-ups to keep the Powertrain warranty. I'll only go back to stock say...if the tranny blows for instance.
So, is it worth the hassle and headaches to go through all that? it will be a very long time before I hit 36kmi as I have had the truck for well over a year and have 6kmi on it.
Headers are used and I'm getting a super deal. I just don't know what to go with????? Shocks won't effect anything as far as the warranty goes, so it's a toss up. Shocks all together with alignment will cost $600 headers are $900
Great deal on both???? What to do??
$900 for used headers..WTF? Brand new TTI's are like $750 or you can get new coated pacesetters for less than that.

Old 07-24-2009, 12:26 AM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
$900 for used headers..WTF? Brand new TTI's are like $750 or you can get new coated pacesetters for less than that.

That price was for TTI Headers, New Oem gaskets, Stage 8 bolts, 02 extenders, Y-pipe with Magnaflow cats that have a bung'holio for the wideband. It's a $1400 set-up

But I've already decided. I'm getting the shocks. i just need to wait 2-3 more weeks and I'll be able to get them on.

Old 07-24-2009, 07:01 AM
RubberFrog
Champion

Originally Posted by Stormin264
4wheelonline has the 9000xl's for $78ea, free shipping and you get the free controller. offered on the quicklifts also. got my 9000xl's today.
You're not getting 9000xl's for the front of an 06+ for $78. For 06+ the price takes a serious jump.

Old 07-24-2009, 07:03 AM
RubberFrog
Champion

Originally Posted by dirtydog
That price was for TTI Headers, New Oem gaskets, Stage 8 bolts, 02 extenders, Y-pipe with Magnaflow cats that have a bung'holio for the wideband. It's a $1400 set-up

But I've already decided. I'm getting the shocks. i just need to wait 2-3 more weeks and I'll be able to get them on.
I know the guy selling those and that is one heck of a smokin deal he's offering. I'm surprised he still has them.

Old 07-24-2009, 09:57 AM
SilverBullet08
Grand Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yea i change my mind go headers lol since thats the next mod im doing

Old 07-24-2009, 10:04 AM
truckin151
Grand Champion

really bullet???? That mods anonymous really didn't work!!!...

For everything you get with the headers if I had a little more cash I'd buy the setup, Im going to be looking at that here shortly and will be needing a good set of long tubes, the O2 extenders, 3"ORY, and a shorter muffler so I can retain the cats and fit everytthing.

Also I thought the TTI headers were considered as mid length not long tubes...

Old 07-24-2009, 10:09 AM
SilverBullet08
Grand Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

haha no it didnt i think it made it worse...
im gonna go with bbk shorty headers (silver ceramic coated)

Old 07-24-2009, 10:41 AM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by truckin151

Also I thought the TTI headers were considered as mid length not long tubes...

No they are full length and their merge collector is very long compared to Dynatech. Here's a link from Moes. The length of the collector is probably what threw you off since Dynatechs Primaries goes all the way basically to the Y-pipe with barely any collector. This makes the Primaries longer which yes does help but not as much as the firecone design. Mid-length headers have their coolectors pointing down to the ground because well, they are half-way headers.

Quick Reply: Can't decide against shocks or headers??