3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Oil Change. Synthetic?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2009, 01:06 AM
sharkhunter10
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Go with that no problem but dont let the Chenal walmart change your oil ever!!! (only AR ppl will know what i mean by chenal) They did an oil change and we marked the oil filter than checked it when they were done and the didnt change it the just charged us for one and didnt change it at all. This is why i do my own now, along with the self pride! But walmart in maumelle has the cheapest around for mobil 1 and orileys is on the way out so check it out!

Old 07-28-2009, 02:40 AM
ArkHemi
Professional

Shark--I wouldn't let Walmart touch it. The one in Bryant had to pay to replace the entire engine in my Mother's Caravan about a year ago. They apparently just don't pay attention. I would like to find a place that will do a synthetic oil change though. I don't have a good place to do one and have to drive to my parents house to do it myself.

Old 07-28-2009, 03:59 PM
09Crew

Thanks for the advice guys. I will look into the Royal Purple break in oil and the amsoil filter.

Old 07-28-2009, 04:48 PM
chambers
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ArkHemi
I would like to find a place that will do a synthetic oil change though. I don't have a good place to do one and have to drive to my parents house to do it myself.
Well you can just buy the oil and filter and bring it to a shop and have them do it. Call around and see how much they'll charge for that, and wherever you take it keep an eye on them and check behind them for mistakes.

Old 07-29-2009, 03:22 AM
ArkHemi
Professional

Originally Posted by chambers
Well you can just buy the oil and filter and bring it to a shop and have them do it. Call around and see how much they'll charge for that, and wherever you take it keep an eye on them and check behind them for mistakes.
Good idea. Thanks for mentioning that. Don't know why I never thought of it.

Old 07-29-2009, 03:34 AM
sledlvr

I think the one thing nobody has commented on is " staying with the same oil" when you find a type or brand that you are happy with, stick with it ! different oil manufacturers use different chemicals and detergents as additives to their base oil whether it is crude or synthetic.
just my .02

Old 07-29-2009, 07:44 AM
Rebeltilldeath3
Professional

At least make an attempt at flushing out the old oil. If you can get your hands on alcohol (race fuel) it works great.

Synthetic and straight oil do not mix, they seperate. Combined, they will aerate pretty bad. You'll never notice it, but I guarantee your rings will.

Quick Reply: Oil Change. Synthetic?