3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Ugh!....!

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2009, 12:30 AM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Ahhhh. Not a Terd....lol

It's amazing that 99% of the time insurance companies don't give you what your vehicle is worth when totalled out. Usually fair market value even if your is nicer than the rest. Then if they repair it, they have used parts put on...cough..cough..Progressive is known for this. best of all, when you trade your vehicle in and there's a record on it, you'll take a hit on the value. It bothers me just thinking about it!

Old 07-24-2009, 12:44 AM
SeMiGoD
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dirtydog
Ahhhh. Not a Terd....lol

It's amazing that 99% of the time insurance companies don't give you what your vehicle is worth when totalled out. Usually fair market value even if your is nicer than the rest. Then if they repair it, they have used parts put on...cough..cough..Progressive is known for this. best of all, when you trade your vehicle in and there's a record on it, you'll take a hit on the value. It bothers me just thinking about it!
I roll with State Farm...YEARS ago i had a ton of custom **** done to my bike...they said they would cover every dime above and beyond...to date they have lived up to their word. Needless to say they have ALL my insurance needs....

Old 07-24-2009, 12:59 AM
Got_Hemi44
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by SeMiGoD
LOL Smartass!!!!
All or nothing! :P
worth a shot lol

Old 07-24-2009, 01:54 AM
OklaHemi
Champion

Originally Posted by SeMiGoD
LOL Smartass!!!!
All or nothing! :P

dammit i was going to let you trade me you hood. that really sucks about your truck it was one of the best looking white rams i have seen. good luck on the sell. i just called the bank and had them pick up my 08 rc i was 12,000 upside down on a maybe 10,000 truck. they havent auctioned it for me to find out the damage yet.

Old 07-24-2009, 06:52 AM
BEAR
Record Breaker

Sorry to hear about your truck Semi, that really sucks, but at least noone was hurt right?

Old 07-24-2009, 08:14 AM
xfeejayx
3rd gen Ram, Newbies

ddaammn. yea, that blows. but a good repair shop will seriously make it like new, smell and all. just take a look at it after they're done before you go dumpin the truck.

I can't fault anybody for buying a ford right now.

state farm for the win!

Old 07-24-2009, 08:26 AM
VP64
Captain

i wanted the grill. possibly the mds engine that would be nice to have aswel

but ya i heard bout what happened to ur truck. i usually dont drive to places if theres gunna be a natural disaster bout to happen.

Old 07-24-2009, 09:11 AM
RubberFrog
Champion

Originally Posted by OklaHemi
dammit i was going to let you trade me you hood. that really sucks about your truck it was one of the best looking white rams i have seen. good luck on the sell. i just called the bank and had them pick up my 08 rc i was 12,000 upside down on a maybe 10,000 truck. they havent auctioned it for me to find out the damage yet.
It doesn't matter what they auction it for, you'll still have a repo on your credit for 7 years.

Old 07-24-2009, 10:39 AM
OklaHemi
Champion

no problem. im pretty set right now

Old 07-24-2009, 12:06 PM
jonnymagnum
Grand Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

that sucks. hopefully she gets fixed right. I just got done painting mine last night, should be back together this weekend!!!!!!!!

why do you want to sell it now? is it just because it was damaged? I wouldnt trade my baby if she was caught on fire and rolled down a hill.

Quick Reply: Ugh!....!