3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Help with taillights???

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2009, 11:20 AM
2005cobrakiller
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rebeltilldeath3
You bought junk, deal with it.

Call the manufacturer, they designed it, they know how it works.

Oh yeah, junk doesn't have customer support.

You could take pictures of where the wires go inside the housing, then we might be able to help. I have no idea what you're trying to wire. All you said is "omg ledz yo".
lmao stfu kid i dont need ur help.... lame *** ill figure it out myself and by the way the lights arent junk do be talking shi* to me on here especially on my thread...

Old 07-28-2009, 11:34 AM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Rebeltilldeath3
You bought junk, deal with it.

Call the manufacturer, they designed it, they know how it works.

Oh yeah, junk doesn't have customer support.

You could take pictures of where the wires go inside the housing, then we might be able to help. I have no idea what you're trying to wire. All you said is "omg ledz yo".

That's being a little harsh.

AGREED, YOU NEED PICS of the wires or we cannot tell you what they go to.
My guess is gonna be they need to go to the parking lights, Blue to the parking lights, White to ground and red to ??Maybe brake lights?

You may need to add in resistors because of Lamp out conditions, but that won't be determined until you splice into your parking lights.

Old 07-28-2009, 11:41 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

In all seriousness, you do need to contact the seller or someone who does sell them (not neccessarily who you bought them from) and find out. Ive seen those lights and I thought they were interesting but w/o wiring diagrams or schematics you could potentially damage them. Now I know you know this already and thats why you are here asking but Im saying it a shame on the seller or manufacture for not including that info.

Old 07-28-2009, 11:48 AM
2005cobrakiller
Captain

Originally Posted by weedahoe
In all seriousness, you do need to contact the seller or someone who does sell them (not neccessarily who you bought them from) and find out. Ive seen those lights and I thought they were interesting but w/o wiring diagrams or schematics you could potentially damage them. Now I know you know this already and thats why you are here asking but Im saying it a shame on the seller or manufacture for not including that info.
Valid points ... I called them they said eff off basically.... its all good though... the top light is the turn signal and the middle is the brake light.... I am guessing because the top light and middle light both have red white and a blue wire that one is ground... one is for the turn signal/ brake and one is for the running light.... running lights must be common since both top and bottom lights are on..... I dont really need them because the regular bulbs work in them to.... the leds are extra but I think it would be tight to have em both working.... they definitely arent junk like that *** clown said they are very well made I inspected them.

Last edited by 2005cobrakiller; 07-28-2009 at 11:50 AM.
Old 07-28-2009, 12:26 PM
2005cobrakiller
Captain

ok so I just got off the phone with the origional manufacturer of those particular lights.... he said that I was right red wires go to the brake or turn signal depending on the light top or bottom.... the blue wires into the running lights and are common.... and the whites are ground.... so now all I need is the wiring harness diagram for the tail lights for my truck.... I think imma do plugs instead of splicing so I can still remove the lights thanks for your help guys

Old 07-28-2009, 01:40 PM
VP64
Captain

u deserve a cookie for everything u went through

now your truck looks like an 07 from the back

Last edited by VP64; 07-28-2009 at 01:42 PM.
Old 07-28-2009, 03:48 PM
2005cobrakiller
Captain

Originally Posted by VP64
u deserve a cookie for everything u went through

now your truck looks like an 07 from the back
love ur posts they always bring me a smile and by no means am I gay so dont get any ideas lmao

Old 07-28-2009, 04:43 PM
froto'sride
Professional

So after all of that you haven't posted any pic's?? How well do they look with the led's?

Quick Reply: Help with taillights???