3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Lowered Trucks: tech and info....

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2010 | 04:38 PM
cwboyjohnny24
Record Breaker

Ok, so I know this is the lowered section and I don't exactly have a "low truck" but it doesn't mean I don't appreciate the work and styling that go with a nicely lowered truck. Back to the story. So, I was driving down I-4 (our major highway here in Orlando) this morning and saw this kick @ss truck coming up from behind. Here's a few pics I was able to snap as he passed by since I was getting off at the next exit. I just wish I could have snapped a few pics of the interior!!!! It was fully custom for sure!!! He was also from TX which is where that bagged guy that people ran off was from. I wonder if he's friends with him. Anyways, here ya go....

SU1HMDAyOTMtMjAxMDA0MjQtMTE1Ny5qcGc.jpg?t=1272141407

SU1HMDAyOTItMjAxMDA0MjQtMTE1Ny5qcGc.jpg?t=1272141442

SU1HMDAyOTQtMjAxMDA0MjQtMTE1OS5qcGc.jpg?t=1272141482

AMAZING work in my opinion.

Old 04-24-2010 | 04:51 PM
RedTruck-VA
Champion

Originally Posted by cwboyjohnny24
Ok, so I know this is the lowered section and I don't exactly have a "low truck" but it doesn't mean I don't appreciate the work and styling that go with a nicely lowered truck. Back to the story. So, I was driving down I-4 (our major highway here in Orlando) this morning and saw this kick @ss truck coming up from behind. Here's a few pics I was able to snap as he passed by since I was getting off at the next exit. I just wish I could have snapped a few pics of the interior!!!! It was fully custom for sure!!! He was also from TX which is where that bagged guy that people ran off was from. I wonder if he's friends with him. Anyways, here ya go....

AMAZING work in my opinion.

That is indeed amazing, it is a slammed 1 ton dually!

Old 04-24-2010 | 08:03 PM
rbeard79
Amateur

Got my truck lowered today, but I have a problem. My passanger side is sitting 1/2-3/4 of an inch lower than the driver side in both the front and the back. What could that be? Anyone else with this problem and a solution?? Thanks in advance for any help!!

Old 04-24-2010 | 09:18 PM
cwboyjohnny24
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by RedTruck-VA
That is indeed amazing, it is a slammed 1 ton dually!
but my thing is the details. There aren't dually wheels in the back anymore from what I could see. The tail lights are custom and the rims are almost off a big rig. I think it's just awesome!!!!!

Old 04-24-2010 | 10:44 PM
rbeard79
Amateur

Here are some pics of the truck!!!

Name:  IMG_3234.jpg
Views: 107
Size:  133.6 KB

Name:  IMG_3233.jpg
Views: 85
Size:  177.0 KB

Name:  IMG_3232.jpg
Views: 95
Size:  159.5 KB

Old 04-25-2010 | 05:49 AM
RedTruck-VA
Champion

Originally Posted by rbeard79
Got my truck lowered today, but I have a problem. My passanger side is sitting 1/2-3/4 of an inch lower than the driver side in both the front and the back. What could that be? Anyone else with this problem and a solution?? Thanks in advance for any help!!
Rbeard, did your truck sit level before the drop? One wheel (corner) can drop a side. Did you use coils or spindles in the front?

Old 04-25-2010 | 10:14 AM
rbeard79
Amateur

Rbeard, did your truck sit level before the drop? One wheel (corner) can drop a side. Did you use coils or spindles in the front?
I used coils up front...the kit was used from a 02-05 model, andI have a 06. I have been looking on other sites and it seems this might be "normal" and that Dodge puts the drivers side a little higher due to the extra weight on that side and that you cannot tell to you lift or lower?? I never noticed or measured before the drop, so I can't answer that question. I also seem to have more caster/camber problems onthe passenger side so maybe this will be fixed when I get the alignment done??

Old 04-25-2010 | 10:41 AM
RedTruck-VA
Champion

Originally Posted by rbeard79
I used coils up front...the kit was used from a 02-05 model, andI have a 06. I have been looking on other sites and it seems this might be "normal" and that Dodge puts the drivers side a little higher due to the extra weight on that side and that you cannot tell to you lift or lower?? I never noticed or measured before the drop, so I can't answer that question. I also seem to have more caster/camber problems onthe passenger side so maybe this will be fixed when I get the alignment done??
Rbeard, looking closely at the pictures I am going to guess your passenger front corner is what is dropping that side. Make sure the front coils are properly seated. Alignment is a big factor and can change side to side hieght some. Get two Caster/Camber kits before going to the alignment shop because before it is properly aligned you will need them. http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SPS-23765/
Mine sit's level, but I didn't change the springs. If the alignment doesn't correct the problem, and I think it might, I would swap the rear springs with one another.
If it is still off, take a wooden wedge and stick it between the front coils and start tapping it in to see what it takes to lift that corner. That pretty much has to lift the corner and will tell you how much spacer you need to level the truck. Yu may have a mis-matched pair of springs. Why did the previous owner of the kit remove it? Ask him if you can if his truck sat level or not.
Good luck and keep us updated.

Old 04-25-2010 | 10:56 AM
RedTruck-VA
Champion

Originally Posted by cwboyjohnny24
but my thing is the details. There aren't dually wheels in the back anymore from what I could see. The tail lights are custom and the rims are almost off a big rig. I think it's just awesome!!!!!
There is a lot of time and $$$ in that ride. The tail lights look like the old Cadilac lights. Sled's like that are in a class by themselves. Not my cup of tea, but I like looking them. Usually bagged with a lot of innovation.
kool....

Old 04-25-2010 | 04:08 PM
rbeard79
Amateur

Rbeard, looking closely at the pictures I am going to guess your passenger front corner is what is dropping that side. Make sure the front coils are properly seated. Alignment is a big factor and can change side to side hieght some. Get two Caster/Camber kits before going to the alignment shop because before it is properly aligned you will need them. http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SPS-23765/
Mine sit's level, but I didn't change the springs. If the alignment doesn't correct the problem, and I think it might, I would swap the rear springs with one another.
If it is still off, take a wooden wedge and stick it between the front coils and start tapping it in to see what it takes to lift that corner. That pretty much has to lift the corner and will tell you how much spacer you need to level the truck. Yu may have a mis-matched pair of springs. Why did the previous owner of the kit remove it? Ask him if you can if his truck sat level or not.
Good luck and keep us updated.
Redtruck...I think you may be right...the pass side front seems to be sitting a little lower than the rear. I am hoping it is an alignment thing as everything seems to be seated correctly. I guess I will see when I can get to the shop and have it aligned. As far as the caster set goes, I thought I wouldn't need it as the 06's are more ajustable than earlier models?? Just something I have read somewhere before. I will take it in first and see if they can get it aligned without them just in case!!! Thanks for the help!!

Quick Reply: Lowered Trucks: tech and info....