3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Lowered Trucks: tech and info....

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2009, 11:14 PM
Hollywood589
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

squish! oopss...

Old 11-03-2009, 11:19 PM
tuned93
Record Breaker

no "oopss" needed, they had it comin. ANYWAYS! so whats new? do anything to your truck lately? im thinkin about getting an exhaust tip for my side exhaust. (i just have the pipe shootin out the side now) i really like this one, its the look im goin for. what do you think? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2-375...mZ280412371232

Old 11-03-2009, 11:27 PM
Hollywood589
Professional

stylin trucks/concepts sells a couple tips like that! http://www.stylintrucks.com/parts.as...tfamilyid=5590
http://www.stylintrucks.com/parts.as...tfamilyid=5590
i was thinking the same exact thing the day u posted about it a while back... i was thinking more out the metal behind the tire... just bc of the thought of having exhaust crap all down the side of my truck and on my wheels isnt very pleasing to my mind... lol yea i painted the grille and im ab to put HID's in it... tomorrow i should be untinting the headlights and im gunna take them apart and paint match the inside of the lights to the truck... future stuff... bags, hood, paint rest of frnt bumper, and new wheels or paint my stockers...

Old 11-04-2009, 01:58 AM
OklaHemi
Champion

what the hell did i miss?

Old 11-04-2009, 02:17 AM
OklaHemi
Champion

never mind found it read it laughed my *** off.

Old 11-04-2009, 02:52 AM
RawRam2006
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok, this is probably gonna sound like a dumb question coming from me, or maybe not. LOL. Could someone please PM me with some darn directions for installing this lowering kit. I was gonna make the drive up to OK and have Oklahemi help me with it, but due to gas prices and the "emptiness" that is my wallet, I'm gonna have to pass that up.

All this lowering kit is is a flip kit for the rear and lowering coil springs up front. Now I'm pretty confident that I can manage the rear flip kit, it's the replacing the front coil springs that has me worried. Never replaced coil springs before, and I heard they can get out of hand real quick. LOL. So, I'm up for either some ideas/methods on how to replace those, or some directions with some pictures. LOL.

Seriously though guys, someone please explain how I can do this with normal tools and a couple of jacks, in my driveway?

Hate to sound completely stupid, but this one has me worried, don't wanna lose an arm or anything. LOL.

Old 11-04-2009, 07:23 AM
BadHab1t
Grand Champion

side exits are nice and that is one thing you have to worry about is exhaust crap on the side of the truck it shouldnt be as bad as say a deisal truck....but they look good later today ill shoot some links up i just gotta remember where i saw some real nice ones......

Old 11-04-2009, 09:49 AM
Hollywood589
Professional

man if i were you i would at least get a buddy to help.... alot the that stuff has to be torqued to a certain number... i dont have my instructions anymore but if i remember correctly... take off the tire... take off the caliper... blah blah blah but watch out if your going to bust the ball joints open bc if that A Arm hits you its gunna hurt like a **** and leave a nice bit of damage on your face!... i did mine where i didnt have to bust them open and removed the coil from the top! Air Tools are ur best friend for this project

Old 11-04-2009, 11:46 AM
tuned93
Record Breaker

before i did mine i spent like a week online looking up directions, illustrations, anything... and got nothing! so my buddy and i just went into it blind and got it done. its fairly easy. if you have a good mechanical sence, you should be fine...

Old 11-04-2009, 07:10 PM
RawRam2006
Veteran

I do, it's the coil's that has me worried. How would I remove them from the top? If I don't have to break apart ball joint's then that would help a lot. Plus, I don't have air tools. LOL. Got plenty of tools though, including a torque wrench. (Bought that in case I got into re-building my engine, or something along those lines.)

I've got directions that came with the kit, all ONE SINGLE PAGE if them, isn't very explanatory though. In fact it's kinda useless if you ask me, but IDK. LOL.

Like I said, the rear is fairly easy I think. I'm just not sure on the best method to remove those coil springs. Guess I'm gonna have to rent a "Spring compressor" from autozone. I would rather not lose a face, or arm. LOL.

Quick Reply: Lowered Trucks: tech and info....