3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Lowered Trucks: tech and info....

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2010, 11:54 AM
BadHab1t
Grand Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i dont think lowering springs give you any worse ride than our stock shocks and springs....now if you get better shocks too i think youll be better off.....if you go the springs route...

Old 01-17-2010, 05:40 PM
Ketch21
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i just put a Belltech 2/5 drop in, and it looks awsome, and handles even better, but the front end i thought would drop more, i heard rumors in time after the new springs settle it will, but i dont think it will show much more of a difference, any suggestions on what i could do to get the front end dropped some more without having to buy another kit, i have the nitro shocks in the front, with belltech spring.

Old 01-17-2010, 07:58 PM
BadHab1t
Grand Champion

ketch where in the burg you at? im up in palm harbor....come up and show that thing fri nights at checkers on 19 just n of tampa rd....and come join the lower class club click the link in my sig just post pics.....

Old 01-17-2010, 08:36 PM
RawRam2006
Veteran

Originally Posted by thumperk15
I got my rear flipped, took 2hrs but it was my first time. I did without the shackles but it was too low, and my wife had to use the truck so this morning, 30 outside and I swapped the stock shackles out so it raised it up a bit. Here's the deal, I have to swap the front coils out this weekend. They unbolt, and easily drop out when the tires are dangling and the frames on stands, nothings going to shoot out because they are of course underload inside the struts, right? Never done a strut but need to know I'm right and not wrong. I'll the a strut compressor.
Have you ever in your life heard such nonsense! LOL, our trucks can never be too low. LOL. J/K!

OklaHemi, how you been bro?
JusJay727, I ain't forgot about you either. How you been as well?
Tuned93, Hope you stay safe brother. How you been?

N, BTW, I went to my first meet/show for my club lastnight. We had a really good turnout. 27 total club member trucks (all rams), and over 50 club members. We met at a Spring Creek BBQ, and when we went inside to eat, we took up almost half the restaurant! LOL. We did just about take up the entire back parking lot too. LOL. It was awesome!

Old 01-17-2010, 11:42 PM
NinjaTurtleLe0

Originally Posted by Ketch21
i just put a Belltech 2/5 drop in, and it looks awsome, and handles even better, but the front end i thought would drop more, i heard rumors in time after the new springs settle it will, but i dont think it will show much more of a difference, any suggestions on what i could do to get the front end dropped some more without having to buy another kit, i have the nitro shocks in the front, with belltech spring.
got pics of it? what rims are you riding on?

Old 01-18-2010, 01:55 AM
OklaHemi
Champion

im good. back to the rigs again this week. so i wont have so much time to be bored. hows the leo life joe

Old 01-18-2010, 10:55 AM
NinjaTurtleLe0
Old 01-18-2010, 12:28 PM
OklaHemi
Champion

its mcgaughys, just sold by a 3rd party. i dont have it but i want it. price looks decent. you can find them about 50.00 less but it may take some searching

Old 01-19-2010, 08:42 AM
NinjaTurtleLe0

i would just like to see how the truck sits with that kit installed. im tempted to go with the 4/6 but i dont know if i wanna cut a c notch and go with drop springs in the front. i cant find anyone in miami that has it installed. i really would like to know how it rides.

Old 01-19-2010, 05:08 PM
ram man17
Captain

Im obviously not lowered but I have a seious question to those who have their trucks slammed to the ground, like im talking a few inches of clearence from the road...
How do yall go over speed bumps? or do you have to find another route without them?
I go over about 10 a day and was just curious.

Quick Reply: Lowered Trucks: tech and info....