3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Lowered Trucks: tech and info....

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2010, 08:37 PM
tuned93
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

no, i bet you dont... if someone offered you a set of 2nd or 3rd gen 20's you jump on it in a heartbeat!

Old 02-05-2010, 12:05 AM
RedTruck-VA
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default OEM rims

Originally Posted by Blk05HEMI
HEY!!! I love my flower power rims

ZW
I'm with you, pedal rims are cool.

Old 02-06-2010, 07:41 PM
RedTruck-VA
Champion

My truck first came with the standard 17" steel rims. I replaced them with a set of aluminum 18" Durango rim/tire take off's from eBay. These were actually cheaper than buying replacement tires at the time. Last year I got the 08 rims new in the box from another eBay seller. I was looking for pedal OEM rims, but this was such a sweet deal I jumped on it. A friend bought a new 08 Ram std cab last year and put pedals on it using the standard A/T tires. At the time I would have offered him a trade him if he had used low profiles tires. But now I like what I have. The short "to do" list is a 2" drop, gears and torque converter. I spend a lot of time overseas and the old girl is low mileage, so it make no sense to me to replace her. The point I was trying to make was, there are some really good deals out there.

Old 02-06-2010, 08:52 PM
tuned93
Record Breaker

what size tires you runnin now? are they the same as in your sig pic?

Old 02-07-2010, 05:18 PM
RedTruck-VA
Champion
Default tires

Originally Posted by tuned93
what size tires you runnin now? are they the same as in your sig pic?
T'93,
285/55-20, on 08 SLT OEM rims, the ones pictured in my signature.

Old 02-07-2010, 07:53 PM
RedTruck-VA
Champion

Here's a question,
Back in the day before everything could be bought off the shelf we modified our rides by manufacturing our own parts. For lowering we would cut coil springs or go to the junk yard and put together spring packs to achieve want we were looking for. I lowered the rear of my 03 by using 2" drop shackles (store bought) and removed the helper spring. I have shorter than stock Monroe gas shocks and about 80# toolbox I carry all the time and the truck is dead level. I want to drop another two inches. My plan is to use drop spindles in the front and modify the rear spring by heating and bending the rear spring eye position. Has anyone modified their rear springs to any great degree? If so, I would like to hear about what and how they did it.

Old 02-09-2010, 01:04 AM
STRMC2010
Default Not liking my truck lowered anymore!

Its been fun fellas but I think I'm going to remove my DJM kit off my truck and go back to stock or lift . I know alot of you are thinking about going this route or already have. So I would like to give you guys a chance to take mine if you can trade me your stock suspension. I have had mine on for about 2 years and never had any problems. i don't know if its ok to post this in here but it was worth a shot. Feel free to email me if your interested I live in Michigan..

adecadeofdreamz@aol.com

JC

Old 02-09-2010, 01:40 AM
RedTruck-VA
Champion
Default swap

Originally Posted by STRMC2010
Its been fun fellas but I think I'm going to remove my DJM kit off my truck and go back to stock or lift . I know alot of you are thinking about going this route or already have. So I would like to give you guys a chance to take mine if you can trade me your stock suspension. I have had mine on for about 2 years and never had any problems. i don't know if its ok to post this in here but it was worth a shot. Feel free to email me if your interested I live in Michigan..

adecadeofdreamz@aol.com

JC
JC,
This will be a good deal for someone in your area. Being lowered under some conditions can be a pain. But, I personally prefer my vehicles dropped rather than lifted. Although I did have a Chevy powered Toyota pickup that was lifted.
Good luck with a swap.

Old 02-09-2010, 01:57 AM
OklaHemi
Champion

should be an easy trade. good luck

Old 02-09-2010, 06:18 AM
BadHab1t
Grand Champion

wish i were near you...id be all over that....

Quick Reply: Lowered Trucks: tech and info....