3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Backseat A/C

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2009, 06:07 PM
dodge it then ram it
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Backseat A/C

Anybody ever route the a/c to the backseat? I know the megacabs were able to do this but was wondering if anybody ever did it in a quad cab. Its gets hot in the back while the front is stone cold. My sons sits back there and sweats all the time so I need a solution asap. Thanks.

Old 07-26-2009, 07:44 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

I have thought about it and the biggest thing I couldnt get around was how to get the air back there. I mean you cant run it under the carpet or under the door sills. The only thing I could think of was a custom center console (like the ones the guys make for subs) and use it to hide and route the air through the center and under each front seat and come out there.

Old 07-26-2009, 08:01 PM
reefguy89
Captain

you could always do it redneck style by taping a dryer vent to one of the vents and runnin to the back. LOL

Old 07-26-2009, 08:10 PM
dodge it then ram it
Veteran

Originally Posted by reefguy89
you could always do it redneck style by taping a dryer vent to one of the vents and runnin to the back. LOL
LMAO!!! Thats funny man. I was wondering if it was at all possible to go over the top. Run it through the corner of the windshield around the top of the door and exit at the top of the passenger door facing a vent downwards. It would have to be small though. Maybe a one inch line.

Old 07-26-2009, 09:06 PM
reefguy89
Captain

with that small of a line you would get not air flow. would not even be worth the effort.

Old 07-26-2009, 09:42 PM
dodge it then ram it
Veteran

Your probably right. Oh well, time for a little fan to be hooked up.

Old 07-26-2009, 10:28 PM
Redone4x4
Record Breaker

we have a mity mister or something like that, its a handheld pump mister bottle. works pretty good. that, and i try to start the truck a min or 2 before we leave to go anywhere. after a couple minutes, the kids say its fine back there. i do wish there was some kind of rear air setup like they have in the passenger vans or something.

Old 07-26-2009, 10:44 PM
96RamSLT
Veteran

is there anyway that you could route piping under the passenger and drivers seat.. and just make 2 floor vents on the backside/underside of the 2 seats.. kind of like how ur front ones u can turn them when u push on them.. and angle them n what not.. but do that back there.. with like 2 or 3 vents.. then u can angle 2 up towards the kids n one straight so it hits there feet.. only person who will sweat then is whoever is riding in the middle.. unless u do one there as well..

Old 07-26-2009, 10:47 PM
96RamSLT
Veteran

you could always make something that attaches to the back side of ur seat and the passengers.. and even the middle console. basically make it that it can move with ur seat.. slide forward and back etc etc. but on all 3.. basically make it small.. run tubing back under the seats.. hook it up into some sort of box. take the vents like u find up front that u can turn or angle n whatever.. put 2 or 3 of them behind the driver n passenger seat in the box u made up.. then u just angle like 2 up towards the kids n one straightout so it cools there legs. and again it moves with ur seat.... plus u could do it in the middle too.. only thing is it wont directly blow into the face... but hey, its air movement at least.

Old 07-26-2009, 10:48 PM
96RamSLT
Veteran

sorry for double posting that.. it didnt actually show that i posted it the first time... stupid computers.

Quick Reply: Backseat A/C