3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

A few Questions about the DMH Cutout

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 11:54 PM
dedogg
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

truckin you might be right but I have two cut outs, 2.25" tru duals and with both of them up she wants to pop wheelie's when she shifts, not the same when they are closed. I may have gotten lucky but I def feel more power with them open. If it is going to get better when I put a cam in, that might be my next mod.

Old 08-11-2009, 12:02 AM
truckin151
Grand Champion

Have you done any timed runs to compare them with them open vs closed yet? And you also got the 2.5" cutouts, mine was one 3" off the Y so that may make a difference. Right now though the truck flies with it open and is about a tenth and a half quicker than with them closed. And weren't you complaining about it too after you put them on? I fairly sure I remember a thread where you thought they were hurting with them open lol.

Anyway I'm just putting the warning out there...

Old 08-11-2009, 12:09 AM
dedogg
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by truckin151
Have you done any timed runs to compare them with them open vs closed yet? And you also got the 2.5" cutouts, mine was one 3" off the Y so that may make a difference. Right now though the truck flies with it open and is about a tenth and a half quicker than with them closed. And weren't you complaining about it too after you put them on? I fairly sure I remember a thread where you thought they were hurting with them open lol.

Anyway I'm just putting the warning out there...

lmao you got a good memory. I have not done any timed runs in my truck couldnt tell you what she runs. But she has changed dramically since I posted about the cut out. Maybe the computer maybe it was me. Now dont get me wrong I have to floor it to get it to do that but it def feels faster and power power with it open. It might be because I went smaller with 2.25" the entire length of my system. I dont know.

I wasnt disagreeing with you just putting my .02 out there.

Old 08-11-2009, 12:17 AM
truckin151
Grand Champion

Haha its alright man, I just remember because we were trying to figure out how to get your diablo to adjust some settings. Thats how I got mine to work with the cutout, just adjusted a few partial shifts and it took care of it nicely. Its all good though

Old 08-11-2009, 12:23 AM
dedogg
Record Breaker

ya i used frogs settings and so far so good. After I get my hood, a cam is next.

Quick Reply: A few Questions about the DMH Cutout