3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Favorite Off Road Spot

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2009, 11:56 AM
draco8494
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PETE_YK
I dont wheel my dodge though, thats what i have my toyota truck for! My fav kinda terrain is MUD!!!
muahahaha me too... lmao i went n played around one day and got my truck stuck for 2 days up to the doors in mud, trucks too heavy for that kinda stuff

Old 08-02-2009, 11:58 AM
dave-o
Veteran

Originally Posted by draco8494
yeah they do like muddigras down there in Okeechobee i think thats over 1,000 acres lol never been its like 3-4 hours away

mud and dirt roads, that is all that Okeechobee can offer, oh yeah, and mosquitos, i only went cuz my buddy's uncle lives there. i saw my first nudist colony there, it was definetely an experience.

Old 08-02-2009, 12:00 PM
kjun
Professional

Alpine Loop (Lake City, Silverton, Ouray) Colorado. 4x4/high clearance is required but stock 4x4's have little issues on the main trails so not a hard core trail. Gorgeous scenery and a little something for the entire family. Fishing, camping, four wheeling, hiking, and even shopping in the little touristy towns for the wife. Great spot for a family vacation.

Old 08-02-2009, 08:52 PM
dedogg
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by dave-o
What are your guys favorite spots for off roading? Mine is this place out near Barstow, CA called Afton Canyon. You can hunt, fish, and there are some killer rock walls.
I have yet to find a good place for mud, one of my buddies says he knows of a good place. Hopefully we will go this weekend and check it out. I will let you know if I find anything. Its hard with no rain though

Old 08-02-2009, 09:32 PM
79'lilred

Anyone know of anyplace to go in southern Alabama? Stuck here at flight school and the only place I know of is 3.5 hrs away near Birmingham. Not interested.

Old 08-02-2009, 10:05 PM
dave-o
Veteran

Originally Posted by dedogg
I have yet to find a good place for mud, one of my buddies says he knows of a good place. Hopefully we will go this weekend and check it out. I will let you know if I find anything. Its hard with no rain though
Let me know, there is a place by Devore that has creeks, but not sure for mud, but i'm not sure, i havent been there yet. i heard its mostly rocks.

Old 08-02-2009, 10:30 PM
sharkhunter10
Captain

ill be watchin this closely for any info on more places around me..... but for the most part i have to go pay to go offroad at hot springs orv park by skyjacker. lot of rock trails marked by there difficulty but not much mud and thats what i want, MUD
Hot Springs is a awesome rock crawling park with little mud. I live in lr but the best place to go disturbed is in Texarkana. There is the thing called the Red River Mud Bog and its the biggest place to mud ive ever seen we take the trucks and 4 wheelers every year and it just kicks @ss! now there is stuff for light mudding to stuff that monster trucks cant make it through! NO JOKE AT ALL! They bring custum trucks and all kinds off stuff. We go evey year on New years and have gone for 6 years now and its a freaking blast! But if you dont wana drive that far (2 1/2 hours) far just find a country road and find some mud.

Old 08-02-2009, 10:49 PM
dedogg
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by dave-o
Let me know, there is a place by Devore that has creeks, but not sure for mud, but i'm not sure, i havent been there yet. i heard its mostly rocks.
no worries i will keep you posted if i find anything.

Old 08-03-2009, 01:35 AM
04Phantom
Professional

Originally Posted by draco8494
yeah they do like muddigras down there in Okeechobee i think thats over 1,000 acres lol never been its like 3-4 hours away
Muddigras is in Kenansville, Fl..,Mudfest is in Okeechobee, Fl..
Best place around orlando is alittle lake called Flat lake, yet to see someone make it through..

Old 08-03-2009, 12:10 PM
buddahead
Rookie

Here in MI., there are a few places to go. The last 2 pickups I've had, I've never "offroaded"-I learned the hard and expensive way with my first 4x. If you want sand, Silver Lake can be fun and if you want mud, there's a county run park in Mt. Morris.

Quick Reply: Favorite Off Road Spot