3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

I need a law enforcement perspective ...

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 11:39 AM
Spokane_Dodge
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The quickest way to any ticket is to have any attitude other then pleasent and sincere with the officer.

I see people complain about getting tickets all the time, and when you get down to it, usually they argue with the officer over there speed or just give the cop the "whatever" attitude.

Be honest with the officer, and try to be as courteous as you can no matter how you really feel. That is always gonna be the best way of avoiding a ticket.

Old 08-13-2009, 11:43 AM
dunerider650
Veteran

I guess im the only one who has ever had good luck with cops then??? lol i got stopped for doing 95 in a 70 and got away with it....got caught again doing 100 in a 70 then he had to give me a ticket as he remembered from last time...got caught doing burnouts on main street no ticket, got caught going down middle of town on ds650 with the exhaust rattling the windows and houses no ticket......just have to talk resonable with them and they will usually let you off.

Old 08-13-2009, 01:04 PM
OklaHemi
Champion

i haven't had bad luck with the fuzz. i have gotten off of a few tickets that i was guilty of. it is the holier than now attitude that some of them have that upsets me.

Old 08-13-2009, 01:06 PM
OklaHemi
Champion

bruzzie start a new thread i the general 3rd gen section. more people will see it as not everyone looks at every thread. there may be some mechanics that dont care to see post about cop stories.

Old 08-13-2009, 01:26 PM
TRXHemi
Record Breaker

Think about a police officer's job for a minute....

You have no idea who is in the car you just pulled over. There could be someone in there with a gun or whatever waiting to kill you. Give the boys in blue a break. They have to deal with scumbags all of the time.

Some of the rookies may be buttheads, but that's okay. I would not want that job - no way! Just be courteous and the outcome usually is good. If you were doing the crime, then deal with the consequences. Whether the cop was a turd or not does not matter.

Old 08-13-2009, 04:01 PM
Got_Hemi44
Record Breaker

Like i said before, you got the ticket for driving on CITY property. I don't know whether is was a park or not though.

Too add to the cop stories; I've been pulled over/ talked too by my city police 19 times (yes I've kept count) since i bought my truck in September, and never received a ticket. Talk about some bull****. They think i sell drugs or something. There's a group of about 20 high school/college kids who all have truck and just drive around the main streets all night. Cops hate all of us.

Old 08-13-2009, 04:25 PM
02Steve1990
Record Breaker

And the academy teaches recruits how NOT to profile...not HOW TO profile.

Old 08-13-2009, 05:59 PM
98cherryram
Record Breaker

Ill tell you guys what, I got pulled over once for doing a long smoke in the air, bada%$ burnout on a main road, and I kept on driving, next thing I know I have a cop sitting right behind me doing his whole get the plates written down check it out make sure its not stolen, see if their is anything that seems out of place that might make it a danger to him, and then he flashed his lights and pulled me over, and I was courteous, instead of pulling off on the side of the road right there, I pull off onto a side street that would make it safer for him away from traffic, and I politely roll my windows down, had my license and registration all ready for him, and when he walked up I was as polite as can be, because I knew I had done something wrong and he was just doing his job, yes sir, no sir, so on and so forth, so he goes back, checks his computer of course, does his whole entire deal, and next thing I know he comes back up and says hes gonna let me off, says he understands, just to maybe keep my foot out of the gas a little, totally kind as can be. The next time I got pulled over, I was in my truck again, my older dodge, and it was one of the models that had the seatbelt built right into the seat, and I drove past a motorcycle cop who pulls me over, I had my seatbelt on, I was going the speed*****, didnt run any lights, nothing. so I was just like what the hell is this guy pulling me over for, so I was a little less than friendly, especially when he told me that he saw me with my seatbelt off, and I explained to him, and I tried to get him to understand, but that man was just not budging, and so he wrote me a seatbelt ticket for a crime I did not do. So maybe it was the attitude I came at him with, so just some advice for everyone around, treat them well, they will treat you much better, dont suck up to them, they dont like that, just be kind to them and respect them and they will respect you back.

Old 08-13-2009, 07:56 PM
cyclone429
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My apologies to the grammar experts. No ticket issued, only a warning.

Police officers can profile me all they want, I'm not going to like it but at the end of the day, I wish all police officers the best of luck chassing down suspected dog walkers turning thier trucks arround in a empty field.

Old 08-13-2009, 09:06 PM
dodg360
Rookie

Originally Posted by 02Steve1990
And the academy teaches recruits how NOT to profile...not HOW TO profile.
Absolutely. I was taught at the Idaho POST academy that profiling is the quickest way to lose my house (and truck). I kind of like those things, so I tend not to profile. I have 9 years experience, 7 as a full time patrol Deputy. Be honest with cops and MOST will be cool with you. Those of you complaining about the amount of times being stopped...obviously you're doing something wrong. Regularly. I've NEVER been unfair to people. I generally talk to people like they're talking to me. And I let them know that.

Not sure about the laws in Canada, so I can't help you with your initial question. The amount of cop bashing is pretty disheartening though. There are those of us that try to be honest, fair, and cool with people and this is how people see us no matter what we do. We're all "rookies with an attitude." I fully admit that there ARE dicks out there, but not nearly the amount everyone seems to think. Go on a ride along for ONE day to see what kind of crap we put up with on a daily basis. It looks to me like most of the general public is profiling US as a bunch of badge heavy rookies. I accept that and still kiss my 4 year old and my wife goodnight while I work 12 hours of dealing with drug dealers, murderers, and people that hate me the second I contact them, with the hopes that I will make it home at the end of the shift to say good morning. I still love my job and will do it the same way I have been. And yes...I make mistakes. I own up to them, though.

You wanted the law enforcement perspective, here's mine. Good luck and hopefully you don't have that kind of negative contact again.

If any of you have a negative contact, call and ask to speak to the watch commander. We ARE held accountable for every action we take.

Quick Reply: I need a law enforcement perspective ...