3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

I need a law enforcement perspective ...

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 12:03 AM
cyclone429
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default I need a law enforcement perspective ...

I do not deal well with police, Fight or flight tends to be my intal impuse, I have never been arested and I do not have a criminal back ground, If I have been spending, I'm not impressed with the ticket, But I accept the ticket as is, my falut.

Today, I parked my truck in a filed that is not fenced 7pm ( ogden area of calgary, not the best of areas ) to walk my Dog. I just him let him run until he burns him self out.

Well Today, I did not back out of the filed, instead I drove forward and than turned arround, I did not do any burn outs, just a calm turn arround.

Near the Ogden legion, I saw a city police car turn arround, lights a blazing, some how I knew me turning arround in a filed got thier attention.

As I'm heading towards odgen road, The crusier and I slowly passed, matching speed, ( lights were not on ) I matched thier what the hell are you doing looks with the what the hell are checking me out for, They pulled a U turn and stoped me.

When the officer aproached my door, I explianed that I finished walking my dog and was turning arround, My dog was in the passenger seat.

Cops asks, were you walking your dog, or running your dog while driving? You went really far into the fild for just turning arround.

NO, I was walking my dog, You can check the impressions in the grass and see that I did go as far as your saying... Do you want my insurance, license, registration.

Cop says yes, and Than I have hard time finding my license, really impressive.

Any ways the rookie takes my information, tells me not to go any where, and I say knock your self out, take as long as you need, thier nothing on me, and I'm gonna stay put and behave.

Cops says, why are you behaving like this, is this your curent adress? and is this a old picture on your license.

Yes, I'm current and yes the pic is old.

Any ways, police officer comes back and tells me its a 120.00 fine for drving in a feild ( now I'm thinking its court time ) But I kept quiet, Office hands back my license and tells me to drive safe, ( swarcasm ) I respond back by whishing him a really nice night. ( swarcasm)

Booth officers appeared to be looking for a issue that I felt was not thier, and if I have not been doing anything wrong, I have a habbit of matching thier questioning and position of athority with a = reaction, right back at ya..

If I have been spending, well than its my falut and I'm not qustioning athority, I got caught.

I did nothing wrong, police officers just doing thier job, end of story, But I know I could have made the whole conversation less stressful.

Old 08-13-2009, 12:19 AM
Got_Hemi44
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First off, were you drunk when typing this?

Second, what field did you turn around in? Was it private or state/city property?

Old 08-13-2009, 12:30 AM
cyclone429
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I type better when I'm drunk,
city owned field, gravel acess in, than its all natural grass. I turned arround in the grassy section.

Last edited by cyclone429; 08-13-2009 at 12:34 AM.
Old 08-13-2009, 12:42 AM
mopardad68
Rookie

Hate to say it but most rookie cops are real ******, they think they gotta be super cop and most of the time they are a real f**k heads, but that is just my humble opinion, but then again i dont like most cops and especally the federal ones, i dont see as where you did anything wrong

Old 08-13-2009, 12:49 AM
superdak05
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

go to court and tell the prosocuter that the officer was profiling you, you did nothing wrong. than ask the prosocuter to see the pics of the grassy field you supposably turned around it. no evidence. cant give you a ticket for that, unless the officer photographed the spot, anyone could have turned around in the grassy field

Old 08-13-2009, 01:08 AM
hemiguy0302
Record Breaker

Hell im not even allowed to drive in stony plain AB because some new cop is cracking down on all modifications. My buddy has had his truck impounded 4 times its such bull****. the last time he was pulled over he (officer dicklock) said to my buddy tell your friend with that nice white dodge of his that he is next. Its bull**** my truck is lifted 3 inches (he tickets anything over 4) but i have to prove that. My tires do not stick out but he will nail me with that because they are not factory size. My mudflaps apparently need to touch the ground and cover 2 inches on each side of the tire so they are no good (bull****) my larger tires will cause a speedometer deficiency so thats a ticket unless i can prove my speedometer is 100% accurate as calibrated by a dealership (400$) the only thing this jerkoff has on me is tinted front windows and for that yeah ok i will take it like a man and pay the ticket but this rookie cop **** is ****ing garbage.

Old 08-13-2009, 01:09 AM
Got_Hemi44
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by cyclone429
I type better when I'm drunk,
city owned field, gravel acess in, than its all natural grass. I turned arround in the grassy section.
Beside the fact i think it's load of a **** they ticketed you, since it was city property they can issue the ticket. They probably say some bs like you were off roading or tearing up the grass..

Originally Posted by hemiguy0302
Hell im not even allowed to drive in stony plain AB because some new cop is cracking down on all modifications. My buddy has had his truck impounded 4 times its such bull****. the last time he was pulled over he (officer dicklock) said to my buddy tell your friend with that nice white dodge of his that he is next. Its bull**** my truck is lifted 3 inches (he tickets anything over 4) but i have to prove that. My tires do not stick out but he will nail me with that because they are not factory size. My mudflaps apparently need to touch the ground and cover 2 inches on each side of the tire so they are no good (bull****) my larger tires will cause a speedometer deficiency so thats a ticket unless i can prove my speedometer is 100% accurate as calibrated by a dealership (400$) the only thing this jerkoff has on me is tinted front windows and for that yeah ok i will take it like a man and pay the ticket but this rookie cop **** is ****ing garbage.
That's when you find out which cruiser is his and stuff Styrofoam down it's gas tank

Last edited by Got_Hemi44; 08-13-2009 at 01:11 AM.
Old 08-13-2009, 01:25 AM
hemipower05
Professional

Originally Posted by Got_Hemi44
Beside the fact i think it's load of a **** they ticketed you, since it was city property they can issue the ticket. They probably say some bs like you were off roading or tearing up the grass..

That's when you find out which cruiser is his and stuff Styrofoam down it's gas tank
!!!! hahahahaa
ya i have a suspended license for an minor in possession (ya i no, loose your license for a year for havin a beer out in public?!? cmon.....) and btw wen i got the ticket, my 21st birthday was less than 3 weeks away! right on officer! thanx!! he even goes o wow that sucks! i was like ???? ya theres a lot of ********* out there man... they are all on power trips just becuase they have the title as a cop

Old 08-13-2009, 01:50 AM
hemiguy0302
Record Breaker

yeah power tripping *****. 21 for drinking that sucks man. In Alberta its
18 for drinking and if you get caught as a minor they take your liqour
and may or may not give you a ticket (usually not) I mean when my
buds where 16 we always drove to the next party with a big case
beer in the front seat and never took any heat about it.

Old 08-13-2009, 01:51 AM
MontanaRAM
Captain

every cop i've dealt with was an *******, and i've met a lot of cops in my time. i now just know them as the A.I.B. never done anything wrong, they just seem to think i'm some punk country boy or something, then they give me some idle threat. dickwads.

Quick Reply: I need a law enforcement perspective ...