3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Accident

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2009, 02:47 AM
Bluesmanjesse
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Where you located Roadney?

Old 08-28-2009, 07:21 AM
roadney
Professional

columbus, OH

Old 08-28-2009, 03:10 PM
Beau49

I just got done settling with my insurance company on a 2003 Durango that was totaled from hail damage.

They were a real pain to deal with and I felt they were trying to low ball my payoff to me on my Durango The Adjuster that came out I honestly can say he was a good guy he was amazed at how clean the Durango was. He rated it at Dealer ready which I guess that is they highest they can rate it.

Well he sent in the paper work to the main office and I started to deal with some lady that I swear did not have a clue on what was going on. She right away tried to offer me $7400 for my Durango. Told her that she was not even in the ballpark. Well for the next several days we went round and round and I couldn't get her to Budge. I quoted her prices I was finding on the internet which where a lot higher than she was offering. Well after having enough of her nonesense I asked to talk to someone above her. The guy I got to talk to was even less informed than she was on value of Cars and Trucks.

He pretty much told me that he could go up top $7700.00 and that was it not a penny more. I had just got done putting over $1000 worth of new tires on it a couple of month's before the hail storm. I told him if that was there last offer they could pick it up in front of my place on the rims. He did not like that at all and that was the last time I talked to him. I called an 800 number I had for my company and got a hold of some big shot lady and she emailed me a breakdown of how they came up with that price.

When I looked at the breakdown they were giving me $36 for all 4 of my new tires. I pointed this out to the lady and told her that giving me $9 a piece for 60,000 mile tires that only had 3000 miles on them was not acceptable. They also had forgot to figure in a couple of things that I know that the adjuster had put down because he had gave me a list of all the options he came up with.

Well she called about an hour later and offered me $8576 after taking off my $100 detuctable from. I accepted that offer.

Just be sure to get a copy of the breakdown of how they came up with the price they are offering you. Don't take the first offer unless you are happy with it. Be sure to do your own research on what it would cost to replace your Truck. If you are not getting anywhere with the person that you are dealing with ask for someone else up the ladder and don't stop if you are not happy with the offer.

I look at it this way. I know how clean my Durango was it was really spotless inside and out before the hail storm wiped it out.

I might make a few people a little mad when I say this but the Insurance company is going to try to pay you as little as possible for your wrecked truck no if and or buts about it. Just my 2 cents worth.

Old 08-28-2009, 03:16 PM
MontanaRAM
Captain

yeah, my claims adjusters was a C U Next Tuesday. she called in the middle of the night and stuff, treated me like i was an idiot, and then they lowballed my truck. i just stopped answering calls from them until they said they would pay me 10,500, which was 1300 more than they had originally quoted. took the cash and fixed the passenger side, good as new.

Old 08-28-2009, 05:07 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by MontanaRAM
part it out, everyone here wants to buy pretty much everything off wrecked rigs, you'll make a killing i bet.

There's nothing worth any good money now that the front is all cracked up. Name a couple of things that will make this guy over $1,500. Otherwise, i think it's a waste of time to buy it back. Can't ship half the stuff worth anything and i'm sure it's basic inside??? Not to mention it takes time to pull stuff off and pack it up for shipment. Now, if he bought it back for like $500 then it's worth it because the tires will cover that costs alone. Block that SOB up...lol

Sucks though. Banks aren't giving the same loans they were last year this time. I'm worried about financing my truck next June once the Lease is up on it being i won't have a job on paper and will be going to school.

Old 08-28-2009, 06:51 PM
roadney
Professional

I think I could fix it for under 2k or if I part it out Engine, Tranny, tire/wheels, axle, brakes doors, dash gauges, truck bed are main items I think I should at least be able to get over 1,500 out of all that.

Old 08-28-2009, 07:04 PM
roadney
Professional

paid 750 to buy it back

Old 08-28-2009, 08:26 PM
MontanaRAM
Captain

part out the gears if they aren't 3:55s.

Old 09-01-2009, 07:56 PM
roadney
Professional

well I think I am going to part it out anyone interested in anything?

Old 09-01-2009, 08:03 PM
Bluesmanjesse
Record Breaker

I might be interested in the tool box out of the bed,not sure how my finances look just yet,if the tool box is in good shape and the price was right I might want it not sure.

Quick Reply: Accident