3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.
Old 08-05-2015, 09:09 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Lighting Guides
Print Wikipost

Front Control Module (FCM)

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2010, 02:48 PM
hemi mama
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

i have 05 ram 1500 4x4 hemi and its having similar light problems..just wanted to say thanks for all the info u guys posted, u probably saved me a few hundred$$$$! on the eve of christmas eve my lights went loopy 1 light would work (leftside) ..switch on the other 1 worked (right)..switch to highbeam (leftside again) also left side rear brake and signal are not working. now reading thru these posts i have general idea whats causing the problem (the PDC) and instead of taking it to the stealership (btw i love that term ) and letting them have their way with my bank account i can tell them what i want done...1st change PDC then if that doesnt work change the FCM. since the lil red man just left here my bank account is already skimpy, the info u guys shared is invaluable. so here goes THANK YOU FOR BEING THE GEARHEADS WE ALL CAN DEPEND ON FOR HONEST STRAIGHT ANSWERS!!

Old 07-04-2011, 02:26 PM
StefanJ

I have a 2004 Ram 2500 Hemi which a mechanic declared the FCM as being the culprite for my trailer lights not working. The fuses are good but no power to the lights.
I tried to order an FCM but they are on National Backorder. Does anybody have a line on one? Is this the correct part number 68005476AA? Thanks!

Last edited by StefanJ; 07-04-2011 at 04:07 PM.
Old 07-04-2011, 04:21 PM
StefanJ

How are the new Dodges compaired to our older ones (04 Ram Hemi 2500)???? I hate having a truck that I need to tow with and can not tow because the FCM has taken a dump and nobody has a replacement!

Old 07-04-2011, 06:54 PM
Owensue
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your likely culprit is probably the pdc (power distribution center) which the fcm connects too. Call local scrapyards or craigslist.

Just searched your part# and yes, that's the pdc (fuse box). Be sure NOT to buy a fcm with that it's an extra $200-$300 on top of the fuse box. Try finding a used unit.

Last edited by Owensue; 07-04-2011 at 10:05 PM.
Old 07-05-2011, 11:12 PM
jay8833

I would not recommend getting a used pdc. These power distribution center parts go bad due to corrosion buildup. Getting a used one may work for some time, but will go bad soon.

Old 11-02-2011, 11:36 AM
CarlosC.
Amateur

Originally Posted by 2004Ram1500SLT
All right. I took out my existing fuse box (after disconnecting the negative terminal on battery) and cleaned all the connections. There were something like 7 plugs that connect into the bottom of the fuse box. I took out all 7 and blew out the connections. Sprayed a little WD40 (very little) on the connections and put everything back together. I also took the FCM off the side of the box. I didn't put any WD40 on this connection. I didn't put any di-electric grease or other Silcone grease because I didn't have any and I didn't think I would actually accomplish anything.

After putting everthing back together and turning on the truck, my headlights are all now on. I think this is just a temporary and there is still the corrosion inside the fuse box. This will hopefully buy me some time before I have to shell out the $450 to get a new one. I will probably have to get one adventually, but at least I know for sure my problem is the fuse box and I don't have to drop a couple hundred for the local dealership to tell me they think it is the fuse box.
Hey Pal, I am having the same problems with my lights and I was told that it was my PDC or Fuse box.......where did you find the instructions to remove same? Was it a difficult task? If you purchased a new one, would it be a simple remove old, and install new?

Thanks in advance.
C.

Old 11-02-2011, 10:11 PM
jay8833

Carlos, stop by any car parts store and get the haynes manual. It will have instructions to replace the PDC. By the way the PDC or power distribution center is the same as a fuse box.

Old 11-03-2011, 11:35 AM
CarlosC.
Amateur

Originally Posted by jay8833
Carlos, stop by any car parts store and get the haynes manual. It will have instructions to replace the PDC. By the way the PDC or power distribution center is the same as a fuse box.

Thanks for the reply Jay....I have a manual (Purchased it in 03) and it doesn't show how to pull the PDC.....Should I get an updated version?

Also, someone else told me that once you install the "NEW" PDC, the vehicle brain module has to be reset in order for the vehicle to recognize it.....

Any truth to that?

Old 11-03-2011, 11:55 AM
coastierider
Rookie

I replaced the PDC in my 05 qc two weeks ago, all i did was remove the battery cables, and it works fine.

Old 11-03-2011, 07:23 PM
CarlosC.
Amateur

Originally Posted by coastierider
I replaced the PDC in my 05 qc two weeks ago, all i did was remove the battery cables, and it works fine.
Can you give me a quick rundown......was it complicated?

Quick Reply: Front Control Module (FCM)