3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

aftermarket infinity speakers

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2009, 01:48 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by magnethead
what I did for midbass in my dakota, is a simple 10" sony XS in a half cubic foot sealed enclose, running off a 75 watt amp. I turned the LPF to 250hz, because a 10 on that low of power isn't as harmed by higher freq's as a high powered 12 or 15 is. Kept the stock infinity amp but used a pioneer HU. put 150hz HPF's on the back of the head unit going to the factory amp. HU is at treble 5 mid 3 and bass 5. Sounds fine to me, the stock tweeters are doing their job and the door woofers just barely start to resonate at loud volumes, and the sub starts doing it's job. The only hole is between the tweeters and door speakers.
he already has 2-12's did you not see?
Putting your filter on any sub regardless of size at 250hz is terrible and will be waaaay boomy. Subs are designated to signals far below that and should be set at no higher than 80hz. Anything over 50hz and bass starts getting directional(you can point your finger to the sound) where as 50hz, it's impossible to identify where the sub sound is coming from. below 50hz is not directional. There's no way you can achieve proper midbass with any subwoofer. Midbass includes Voice/instrument sound where as subs don't. Good quality component speakers that have excellent midbass will have actual instrument sound as the midbass and not just a simple boom that you hear from your sub. If you have no idea what i am talking about, then you have never heard high quality speakers. For ex. a solid guitar note isn't just a sound you hear, but with nice midbass speakers, it will be a sound you feel as well. Same with vocals and anything else musical. High Quality speakers for cars run about $800-$1500 these days. No Infinity, Alpine, MTX, or JL component speakers are considered high quality. Those are merely considered Nice components for average vehicles. While they may sound really nice(compared to factory crap) they are still muddy sounding compared to higher end components.

Old 08-30-2009, 11:42 AM
08DodgeTRX
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anybody ever heard the factory kicker system? I could get it for about 400, I can install it myself, no problems. It may be the simplest solution, I'm more for SQ than SPL. I have a 45 minute commute each way to work. I just want the system to sound good.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dodge...Q5fAccessories

Old 08-30-2009, 11:49 AM
08DodgeTRX
Professional

Originally Posted by Albertaramfan
What part number is the infinity speakers you're looking at?
6022si

Old 08-30-2009, 01:56 PM
korby05
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jarrod904
they do fit.. when i had my first system i had infinity reference in the doors.. 6x9s in the front and 5 1/4 in the rears.. but you can put 6 1/2s.. they are about 75 dollars a pair at almost every dealer around here.. im sure you can talk urs down.. and i bought alittle 320 watt jbl amp to power them and they were plenty loud and clear..
so you can put 6 1/2 in the back doors b/c i have a set from my old truck and my back speakers aren't working now..

Old 06-24-2018, 11:42 AM
milo574
Default 2001 dodge ram infinity speaker

i tried to change my 2001 dodge ram infinity speaker and as i un pluged it i lost the sound on my truck,
i pluged in the new one and still have no sound, do you think i might ruined something foe un plugging it as the stereo was on?

Old 06-24-2018, 04:25 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,176 Likes on 2,929 Posts

Originally Posted by milo574
i tried to change my 2001 dodge ram infinity speaker and as i un pluged it i lost the sound on my truck,
i pluged in the new one and still have no sound, do you think i might ruined something foe un plugging it as the stereo was on?
You actually want to be in the second gen ram section. You should start a thread there.

Quick Reply: aftermarket infinity speakers