3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Gas mileage has tanked... ????

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2009, 02:19 PM
myoukey
Amateur
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

how much did you have to change/modify to get it to mount properly? How did you wire it? I can figure my way through it, but if you have already done it I don't want to reinvent the wheel. Also, as you might be able to tell it is the first time I have ever even thought about it, so it might be better to learn from others mistakes, successes, tips, and tricks...

Old 09-13-2009, 06:13 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

Originally Posted by myoukey
how much did you have to change/modify to get it to mount properly? How did you wire it? I can figure my way through it, but if you have already done it I don't want to reinvent the wheel. Also, as you might be able to tell it is the first time I have ever even thought about it, so it might be better to learn from others mistakes, successes, tips, and tricks...
To mount it I made some brackets out of the material that you use to mount a garage door opener, the strip steel with holes aready in it. I put a pic of the stuff I am talking about at the bottom as well as the best pic I have of the actual brackets once they are mounted. Then I just bent it up into brackets that fit over the top and bottom of the radiator and matched the holes on the bracket up with the holes that are already on the radiator. Just bolt the brackets to the fan, then bolt the brackets to the radiator and it is mounted.

For wiring I used a variable speed controller from flex a lite.

Old 09-14-2009, 11:11 PM
myoukey
Amateur

sweet. thanks. I am in CO right now, but when I get back home to MO I will have to make the conversion. Thnaks again

Quick Reply: Gas mileage has tanked... ????