3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Subwoofer enclosure for 02 ram

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2009, 07:28 AM
miller456
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Subwoofer enclosure for 02 ram

Hey guys I was curious what you all were having good luck with as far as better sounding enclosures for these trucks?

I used to have a box like this with 2 10" jl's until someone broke into my truck and stole everything. The box I thought was of very poor quality and the subs would vibrate the box apart and make it vibrate to all hell and never wanted to tear it apart to re seal it.
http://cgi.ebay.com/DODGE-RAM-10-QUA...d=p3286.c0.m14

right now im looking at a couple other choices below, this mtx bass slammer combo or this bandpass box and just buying my choice of sub to throw in it. Im def not looking for any competition type deal just miss the thump i used to have. Let me know what you guys think.

http://cgi.ebay.com/MTX-ThunderForm-...d=p3286.c0.m14

or this

http://cgi.ebay.com/DODGE-RAM-QUADCA...d=p3286.c0.m14

Old 09-07-2009, 09:38 AM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

I'd just get the Thunderform loaded with seakers and be done with it.
The problem with the pre-fab boxes is they don't allow larger magent subs to be used as they bottom out. SO that means you need smaller magnet or "cheaper" subs in general. No way your fitting 10w6's in there. Maybe w3's??? The thunderform is very small as well inside, but those subs sound good for what they are and the box looks clean.

Don't get the bandpass box. It's WAY too small for a bandpass and besides, bandpasses SUCK. No low tones, only high notes that are all mushed together and have no real note separation. They sound bad IMO and are only for SPL.

If you want an unloaded box that fits quality subs, get yourself a FOXBOX by foxacoustics. I believe the owner has a section in the home page you need to scroll down and find it. he does quality boxes that fit even w6's.

Old 09-07-2009, 09:41 AM
SilverBullet08
Grand Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+1 on fox. i just bought his new box!!

Old 09-07-2009, 09:52 AM
miller456

Originally Posted by dirtydog
I'd just get the Thunderform loaded with seakers and be done with it.
The problem with the pre-fab boxes is they don't allow larger magent subs to be used as they bottom out. SO that means you need smaller magnet or "cheaper" subs in general. No way your fitting 10w6's in there. Maybe w3's??? The thunderform is very small as well inside, but those subs sound good for what they are and the box looks clean.

Don't get the bandpass box. It's WAY too small for a bandpass and besides, bandpasses SUCK. No low tones, only high notes that are all mushed together and have no real note separation. They sound bad IMO and are only for SPL.

If you want an unloaded box that fits quality subs, get yourself a FOXBOX by foxacoustics. I believe the owner has a section in the home page you need to scroll down and find it. he does quality boxes that fit even w6's.
I def. want a good quality sound, thanks man I will go check it out. What does he change in the box that allows for the w6's to fit. Also yes your right the previous pre fabbed box i only had w3's in and they sounded great for what they were. I used to have the loud crap and thats all you hear but got out of that a couple years ago lol.

Old 09-07-2009, 09:55 AM
SilverBullet08
Grand Champion

he has 5/8'' spacers that lift the seat up to allow for more airspace for the box

Old 09-07-2009, 10:00 AM
miller456

so these boxes go for $140 just for one? good lord does he make a box for both sides?

Old 09-07-2009, 10:02 AM
miller456

Originally Posted by SilverBullet08
he has 5/8'' spacers that lift the seat up to allow for more airspace for the box
also how does yours sound just out of curiosity?

Trending Topics

Old 09-07-2009, 10:02 AM
SilverBullet08
Grand Champion

he did. but i think he is going to start making them again for both sides. he is a sponsor on dt

Old 09-07-2009, 10:03 AM
SilverBullet08
Grand Champion

Originally Posted by miller456
also how does yours sound just out of curiosity?
my box sounds ok but its def. not enough airspace for my jl. thats why im getting the fox box. i built the box i have now myself

Old 09-07-2009, 10:24 AM
miller456

Originally Posted by SilverBullet08
my box sounds ok but its def. not enough airspace for my jl. thats why im getting the fox box. i built the box i have now myself
When you get that fox box, u mind posting back in here the results and what it sounds like? Im just curious cuz thats a lot for just a single box, I may be interested in doing it if a w6 will fit.

Quick Reply: Subwoofer enclosure for 02 ram