3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

HID Review

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2009, 12:16 AM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HID Review

I'm not sure what your experiences are with the HIDs are from HIDxtra, but I honestly haven't really seen a big difference in visibility with the new HIDs. I don't know if it's because I need to have them aimed up higher, but they just don't really bright that much up. I'm also disappointed about the high beams. I think it really sucks how it's a halogen as a high beam, kind of embarrassing lol. Not to mention, it's not even a powerful high beam halogen, it's really dim. I'm going to have my headlights realigned to see if that makes a difference in maximizing the visibility since they are somewhat pointed towards the ground, but little bummed. On a good note, they do look awesome.

Old 09-09-2009, 12:19 AM
damien1023
Veteran

when i had my set in i thought that they made a huge difference... maybe you just need to aim your lights

Old 09-09-2009, 12:20 AM
SilverBullet08
Grand Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ok well first your lights are tinted so u just cut down on the brightness... and also often do u use your highs? i never use mine... mine are very bright and light up the whole road

Old 09-09-2009, 07:06 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Yeah, my HIDs are far more bright than my OEM halogens. And I never use highs either even though I have HIDs highs.

Old 09-09-2009, 08:34 AM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

Originally Posted by 05DodgeRamHemi
I'm not sure what your experiences are with the HIDs are from HIDxtra, but I honestly haven't really seen a big difference in visibility with the new HIDs. I don't know if it's because I need to have them aimed up higher, but they just don't really bright that much up. I'm also disappointed about the high beams. I think it really sucks how it's a halogen as a high beam, kind of embarrassing lol. Not to mention, it's not even a powerful high beam halogen, it's really dim. I'm going to have my headlights realigned to see if that makes a difference in maximizing the visibility since they are somewhat pointed towards the ground, but little bummed. On a good note, they do look awesome.
I am surprised to hear that. You are probably the first person that I have ever heard of not seeing a big difference between stock and HID. Those tinted heads you are running are probably cutting down a lot of the light output from your HID's.

Old 09-09-2009, 08:56 AM
xfeejayx
3rd gen Ram, Newbies

I didn't really see much of a difference either, but my truck was having problems with the HIDExtra kit, and when it finally started working I only saw it in my driveway before I shipped it back. I got their kit coming for my new headlights, and will comment once that's in.

those tinted headlights void your review

Old 09-09-2009, 10:22 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Well i just bought a kit from HIDextra also as I need another kit for my projector project. I dont see how it can be any different from the other HID kits I have but if it is I will let you guys know.

Old 09-09-2009, 11:12 AM
SilverBullet08
Grand Champion

Originally Posted by xfeejayx

those tinted headlights void your review
agreed

Old 09-09-2009, 12:13 PM
vipersforsale
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by SilverBullet08
agreed
also agree

Old 09-09-2009, 01:50 PM
KARAM0182

I bought a set of the H13 bixenon in 5000K temp to match my fogs and replace a 4500K low only set and had nothing but problems on my 2008 1500. First off the 5000K set was very blue, not white/slight yellow. Then I had issues getting the bixenon function to work. Tried reversing diodes and had to take apart the harnesses and reverse several wires in the kit to get polarity correct. Never did get it right even with their tech support. To have the low beams on I had to be in hi-beam mode then my fogs wouldn't work of course...so their last solution was to shave the locking tabs on the bulbs to insert the bulb in flipped position. Way more hassle and jerry rigging than a kit should have. I declined that solution and returned the kit for a slight hassle to get my money refunded. Also bought a kit with cancellor units for my wifes volvo...same polarity issues and cancellors didn't completely solve the warning light issue. I myself will keep looking for a reliable kit on the market and have since re-installed my old low beam 4500K H13 kit.

Kevin

Quick Reply: HID Review