3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Tug-o-war...i got to beat him.

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2009, 01:43 PM
truckin151
Grand Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All I can think about is all the rocks and dirt and debri flying up onto your paint and windows, ending up with one of you getting some bad dents and dings and maybe a cracked window or two. Definitely not my sort of thing, I prefer running a straight line on asphalt.

Old 09-11-2009, 01:56 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

^^^^^ absolutely. What's the point of pulling on dirt, grass, or any other ground that isn't secured with actual pavement? Traction is going to be completely compromised for both parties and the results will be askewed.

Old 09-11-2009, 03:37 PM
Got_Hemi44
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by dirtydog
^^^^^ absolutely. What's the point of pulling on dirt, grass, or any other ground that isn't secured with actual pavement? Traction is going to be completely compromised for both parties and the results will be askewed.
Different brackets require different surfaces.

The place that our truck pulls are at have 20x60-80 spots of cement, grass, dirt, and gravel.

Old 09-11-2009, 03:49 PM
muscleman320
Professional

OP, you do'nt stand chance. lik everybody is sayin, he's got a LOT more truck than you and will "lift" the weight off your tires giving you that much less traction. better hope he doesn't have a tuner lke bullydog or hypertech or you'll be even more embarassed.

Old 09-11-2009, 03:55 PM
xfeejayx
3rd gen Ram, Newbies

when i read the first sentence, i thought "you're f'd", but on grass you are right, with his lack of traction you can get him.

If possible, tie on higher than him, or at least level (might be hard with his lift). You want the rope/chain higher off the ground on your truck than on his, so tugging pulls you into the ground. and yes, lots of sand.

eidt: just in case you already don't know, do not try this on pavement, he'll pull you around the corner and down the street.

Quick Reply: Tug-o-war...i got to beat him.