3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Apparently you cant paint your transaxle.... VOID WARENTEE

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2009, 07:29 PM
blackbetty696
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm surprised they (the dealership) didn't tell you the sc voided it cause thats what they told my buddy, he has a cummins, blew the trans and torque converter and they wouldn't fix cause sc. they could still tell even if you program it back to stock! !@#$ warranty! i fix $#!t my dang self!

Old 09-13-2009, 11:05 PM
TRXHemi
Record Breaker

The freakin' programmer had nothing to do with it. Unless the tuner is one of those eBay models that add like 200hp. Get real.....the programmer did not cause this. He probably just had a bad tranny from the get go. And painting it?? Huh?? That should not void anything....

I would go higher up the chain....go get 'em!

Old 09-13-2009, 11:19 PM
Ridinhigh
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

go to a new dealership and have them prove that painting it ruined the transmission because there is no way that it did. A tuner wouldnt destroy it hell I have drag raced my truck and its an 04 all stock and it held up great at 100k (knock on wood) but its a warranty and you should get to use it

Old 09-13-2009, 11:41 PM
kjun
Professional

I would go back to the dealer on a busy Saturday and once in the show room at the customer service desk, I would LOUDLY ask if I could speak to someone who could please explain why this particular dealer would not honor their warranty and explain how spray painting the exterior could cause and internal failure.

This sucks because they always try and pressure you into buying an extended warranty when dealers have every intention of doing what they can to not honor them.....

Old 09-14-2009, 12:09 AM
Ben D.
Champion

the tuner itself wouldn't cause it but if you put a tuner on it and beat the truck it will.

there's a ton of variables to it but still it should be covered.

luckily my dealer is chill as all git out and cover everything for me and my old man.

Old 09-14-2009, 07:40 AM
WWJD
Veteran

Originally Posted by kjun
I would go back to the dealer on a busy Saturday and once in the show room at the customer service desk, I would LOUDLY ask if I could speak to someone who could please explain why this particular dealer would not honor their warranty and explain how spray painting the exterior could cause and internal failure.

This sucks because they always try and pressure you into buying an extended warranty when dealers have every intention of doing what they can to not honor them.....

And be sure to remind them that giving dodge trucks a chance was a mistake on your part and will never buy one again. Also you will be networking and reminding all your friends and family to never buy a dodge and write them up on bbb if they don't replace your parts.

Old 09-14-2009, 09:16 AM
xfeejayx
3rd gen Ram, Newbies

wow that's a big load of crock. find a lawyer friend if they still won't cover it.

Old 09-14-2009, 11:54 AM
xTomKx

Sounds like they are trying to pull a fast one on you. There is no way in hell paint would void warranty. Tell them if they don't fix it you will persue legal action.

Old 09-14-2009, 03:54 PM
vipersforsale
Record Breaker

if the dealer didnt know about the programmer then what does it matter... the point here is that another snake of a dealer is trying to get out of their warranty obligations because they know they dont make any money on it and all the mechanics do is bitch and usually do a crappy job while they are at it.

Last edited by vipersforsale; 09-14-2009 at 04:07 PM.
Old 09-14-2009, 04:28 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Im telling you I would SO call Corp Chrystler and file a complaint and threaten to post thier bad support all over many many forums and blogs.

Quick Reply: Apparently you cant paint your transaxle.... VOID WARENTEE