3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

my home made power wire/pics

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2012, 11:35 PM
sabin420
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a bullydog programmer on mine basically because it gives me a throttle input and trans temp reading, but even in the bullydog programmer manual it tells you to reset it to stock after about a few thousand miles because the stock PCM will compensate for the programmer and over-ride the changes of the programmer back to normal after a period of time. Basically it is always modifying it's program to compensate for wearing parts. Putting the resistor in doesn't change the program, but will always give it a constant input change. Figured out by trial and error by not the companies, but the tuners who really know how to get power out of a motor. If the car companies had true tuners like us who do these things to our vehicles, They would come up with a lot more horsepower with the same reliability and fuel economy out of a 5.7L Hemi from simple changes that every tuner does when they first get a vehicle.

Old 08-28-2012, 12:34 PM
willdikem66
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is it bad to run a Power Wire with low temp thermostat??

Quick Reply: my home made power wire/pics