3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2009, 12:25 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

My wife keeps throwing my bucket list in the trash bucket

Old 12-06-2009, 12:58 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by abarmby
I've read that 7-8psi and our blocks are good all day long.
10psi and your certainly getting there with the reliability.
Al.
Centrifugal 8psi is very different from a 8psi from a Turbo and very diff from 8psi from a Twin screw. <<<<These all create completely different amounts of HP per psi.
The amount of boost our engines can handle has to do with how much power is created from that pressure.

-Kennebell Twin screw will give the best low end snapping torque and is going to be the worse pick for a stock motor. Instant power is bad for stock engines when running higher boost.
-STS Turbo will generate the best peak HP per PSI than any supercharger. We all know the downside to turbos....lag.
-Centri's are the worst psi power producers, but the easiest and cheapest for installs. These are basically turbos run off the serp belt instead of gas pressure. This means more power being robbed and still that long slope of gaining power through out the rpm band.

You need to look at how much power will be generated and what the efficiency of the power adder is. Add these numbers together and that will determine the final outcome of what can and cannot be handled. i would think going over 150hp on any stock engine is starting to ask for trouble. Unless it's fully forged which the Hemi is not.

Old 12-06-2009, 09:57 PM
04hemiRB
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

whipple sc are pretty sweet too!

Quick Reply: supercharger