3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Good Truck for New Driver?

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2009, 09:12 PM
Animal Mother
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^ Sweet afro.

back on topic. Your 17, you suck and everyone else sucks at driving (im 20 and im sure I still suck too). Buy the diesel. End of thread.

Old 10-01-2009, 09:15 PM
WWJD
Veteran

Originally Posted by Animal Mother
^ Sweet afro.

back on topic. Your 17, you suck and everyone else sucks at driving (im 20 and im sure I still suck too). Buy the diesel. End of thread.

Old 10-01-2009, 10:24 PM
ried69
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by Phenomenon
Not crank shaft sorry haha, I meant Crank Shaft Pully. Anyways it wouldn't be a problem to fix, the only thing I want to know is how long is this truck? It looks huge! Does anyone know exactly how long the truck is?
It's a 2500 quad cab long bed. That's what they used to make those trucks. They put on a short bed, then filled in the rest of the gap with cab space.

Old 10-01-2009, 11:15 PM
Phenomenon

Thanks Ried, the Mega Cab makes the truck look huge, but I guess it's still the normal size. I'll have to go check it out tomorrow and get my dad to look at it.

Old 10-02-2009, 01:28 AM
WWJD
Veteran

Gothemi44: you said....""""As for drinking and driving it's flat out stupid and should be mandatory jail time on your first offense. """"

Why do you think by simply drinking and driving demands mandatory jail time. There are so manythings wrong with this statement. Before M.A.D.D. figured out they could get rich off of dui only drunk driving was a crime.

Obviously their propaganda has worked on you if you think that drinking and driving is a crime. Or that it's even a crime in the first place. This is not a personal attack on you. I just want to point out the flaws in the obvious propaganda that has influenced people today.

Neither am I condoning drunk driving as it is proven it makes drivers less able to function. But I might add that study have shown texting and driving is more likely to cause an accident from inattention. No one is drunk at .08 anyway.

Finally, treating a drunk driver like the daily thief, rapist. murderer is very unjust. While M.A.D.D wants you to think so many people have died from drunk drivers this is simply not true. The first thing you have to understand is that anyone can make up or adjust a statistic....a statistic is more or less just a number.

Much of the sob story's that are told have no proof that the drunk driver was at fault or that alcohol was the factor that caused the accident.

getmadd.com is a good place to start, there a a few others sites. But you really don't need websites as much as the ability to see through bull****.

Old 10-02-2009, 08:52 AM
HouTex

Originally Posted by WWJD
Gothemi44: you said....""""As for drinking and driving it's flat out stupid and should be mandatory jail time on your first offense. """"

Why do you think by simply drinking and driving demands mandatory jail time. There are so manythings wrong with this statement. Before M.A.D.D. figured out they could get rich off of dui only drunk driving was a crime.

Obviously their propaganda has worked on you if you think that drinking and driving is a crime. Or that it's even a crime in the first place. This is not a personal attack on you. I just want to point out the flaws in the obvious propaganda that has influenced people today.

Neither am I condoning drunk driving as it is proven it makes drivers less able to function. But I might add that study have shown texting and driving is more likely to cause an accident from inattention. No one is drunk at .08 anyway.

Finally, treating a drunk driver like the daily thief, rapist. murderer is very unjust. While M.A.D.D wants you to think so many people have died from drunk drivers this is simply not true. The first thing you have to understand is that anyone can make up or adjust a statistic....a statistic is more or less just a number.

Much of the sob story's that are told have no proof that the drunk driver was at fault or that alcohol was the factor that caused the accident.

getmadd.com is a good place to start, there a a few others sites. But you really don't need websites as much as the ability to see through bull****.

I think it should def be a crime with some stiff repercussions but I dont think it should be a life ruiner like it is now

Old 10-02-2009, 09:55 AM
02Steve1990
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by WWJD

No one is drunk at .08 anyway.
- Drinking an driving IS a crime period.

- Yes, that must have been what MADD was first about - a quick way to make money after a mother/father lose their son/daughter to drinking and driving who had their entire life ahead of them .

- Again, drinking under the infl of alcohol is a crime and you will be taking a ride to an 8 x 8 cell for the night and charged with DUI. It doesn't matter if you're not drunk at a .08 or not, you can be a .06 or .07 and you will not be getting back into that car, you can and will call for a ride. However, if you are impaired (by use of SFST's) at a .06 or .07, you will be hitching a ride to jail. Officer's discretion.

If you drink and drive, you place yourself, my family, your family and everyone else on the road in danger, but then again it isn't THAT BIG A DEAL.

Last edited by 02Steve1990; 10-02-2009 at 10:01 AM.
Old 10-02-2009, 10:03 AM
nim81
Record Breaker
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 02Steve1990
- Drinking an driving IS a crime period.

- Yes, that must have been what MADD was first about - a quick way to make money after a mother/father lose their son/daughter to drinking and driving who had their entire life ahead of them .

- Again, drinking under the infl of alcohol is a crime and you will be taking a ride to an 8 x 8 cell for the night and charged with DUI. It doesn't matter if you're not drunk at a .08 or not, you can be a .06 or .07 and you will not be getting bac into that car, you can call for a ride. However, if you are impaired at a .06 or .07, you will be hitching a ride to jail. Officer's discretion

If you drink and drive, you place yourself, my family, your family and everyone else on the road in danger, but then again iti isn't THAT BIG A DEAL.
i think it depends on what part of the country you live in. here in the rural area i live in you see people all day long cruising town or rolling down the highway with a bud light in their hand. its pretty much looked passed by law enforcement. for an example, my grandmother and her sister were completly intoxicated and drove into a moving car at a local gas station parking lot. the other person called the police and was told there is nothing they could do because the parking lot is private property of the gas station. and left it at that. and the police station is only 5 blocks away. next to the sheriff's dept. who said the same thing

Old 10-02-2009, 10:14 AM
02Steve1990
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by nim81
i think it depends on what part of the country you live in. here in the rural area i live in you see people all day long cruising town or rolling down the highway with a bud light in their hand. its pretty much looked passed by law enforcement. for an example, my grandmother and her sister were completly intoxicated and drove into a moving car at a local gas station parking lot. the other person called the police and was told there is nothing they could do because the parking lot is private property of the gas station. and left it at that. and the police station is only 5 blocks away. next to the sheriff's dept. who said the same thing
Yes, every agency is different out there, they follow different guidelines, procedures, rules, etc. I can't really speak for that.

Old 10-02-2009, 10:16 AM
Albertaramfan
Captain

I agree with gothemi. There is NO excuse as to why you NEED to drink and drive in the first place! The police are startiing to finally crack down on it more and more lately, which is evident by their campaigns. First it was "know your limit', then it went to "if you drink and then drive, you're a bloody idiot", nowadays it's "if you drink and drive you WILL go to jail" thank god for that! I was in an accident with a friend of mine this spring after he had had too many drinks, we slid across a three lane highway and into a pole sideways because he lost control. Now wether that was directly related to the alcohol or fatigue or whatever the case might be HE SHOULDN'T HAVE BEEN DRIVING IN THE FIRST PLACE! We drove for 45 mins at highway speeds all the way to where he lost it. How many people could we have killed if he would have lost control beside other vehicles?

Don't drink and drive. Plain and simple. If the police won't deal with it I'm sure the family of the person you kill would be more than happy to.

Quick Reply: Good Truck for New Driver?