3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

NJ Lifted Truck Inspection

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2009, 09:45 PM
HemiLonestar
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by JoshGotaHemi
I'd assume if they saw some crazy sidewall bulge they'd ask me what's up. I heard a guy dropped his tires down to 12 psi and only ended up 1/2" lower. Part of me also thinks that if they see the tires hanging out beyond the fender flare at the normal inspection station they'll fail me
They will, it falls under safety and/or upkeep of vehicle.

Old 09-28-2009, 10:12 PM
JoshGotaHemi
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HemiLonestar
No, NJ will fail him for that too. This is what a joke NJ inspection is (I'm from there, btw, so I can talk all the **** I want - Go Eagles!)...I don't mind going there to visit family, but I'll be damned if I ever live there again.
That's what I'm talking about it! Someone who understand the pain I go through living here! Thanks for sympathizing with me! I'll assume you were from either Central or South Jersey, since your an Eagles fan, go up North and everyone loves the Giants, lends itself to some good fights though... I'm a diehard Eagles fan, and the father-in-law is a Giants fan, broke his heart when I got his daughter a pink Eagles Jersey for her birthday

And yeah, they'll fail me no matter what I do, even if I breath wrong, but that's the card I've been delt, so I'll figure out a way to get it all straightened out. I've pulled a fast one on the DMV a time or two before, I can't wait to be driving legally though.

Old 09-28-2009, 10:52 PM
gmb4fords
Veteran

note to self: stay away from jersey lol. what a crock

Old 09-29-2009, 03:30 PM
TBarCYa
Rookie

Here are two links that may help understand the law because the allowed height depends on GVWR. There are also specific measures for max bumper height, max light height, etc.

http://home.comcast.net/~kayaker121/NJLiftLaws.html
http://www.the-jersey-devil.com/bbs/...b=5&o=&fpart=1

Old 09-29-2009, 07:48 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Im am a 2WD BTW.

Quick Reply: NJ Lifted Truck Inspection