3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Rancho Quick lift vs. ready lift spacer

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2009, 12:51 PM
bwheelersc
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rancho Quick lift vs. ready lift spacer

2007 Dodge Ram 4X4 w/5.7L
I 've been looking at getting a leveling kit and had decided on the readylift 2.5" kit until i saw the Rancho quick lift kit. Any opinions on which would be better? (ride, front suspension wear etc.). Also, is there any competitors for the Rancho Quick lift? Looks like to me the Rancho kit would ride better but of course is more expensive.
Thanks

Old 10-01-2009, 12:59 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

There would be no comparison between the two. Basically you get what you pay for, nothing really wrong with BB's, I just put a set on my Grand Cherokee, but they won't compare.

Rancho and Bilstein are the two I've seen and yeah, they ain't cheap...

Old 10-01-2009, 02:00 PM
bwheelersc
Professional

I cant find a price on the bilsteins for a 2007 dodge 1500. Has anyone found them for sale?

Anyone else have an opinion? Please

Old 10-01-2009, 03:57 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

^^ if you are reffering to the Bilstein lift shocks like Rancho has, then they are't out on the market yet.

I plan on going Rancho Quicklift if i ever get the courage up to buy some new shocks. They are Rs9000xl grade, so they are the best Rancho has to offer. Rancho will be a smoother ride than Bilstein as well.

Moes Performance has the best prices on Rancho shocks.

Old 10-01-2009, 05:22 PM
bwheelersc
Professional

anyone know exact front height change after installing the Rancho quick lift. I know I do not want a nose up look so 1.5" to 2" is great for me. How did the angles on the CV joints? And the most important question, are they worth the money over a strut extender/spacer??????

Old 10-01-2009, 05:40 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator

Originally Posted by bwheelersc
anyone know exact front height change after installing the Rancho quick lift. I know I do not want a nose up look so 1.5" to 2" is great for me. How did the angles on the CV joints? And the most important question, are they worth the money over a strut extender/spacer??????

Quicklifts have adjustment pints of 1.5", 2.0" and 2.5". Adjust to taste. i wouldn't go 2.5" as you will get that nose in the air look not to mention your CV angle will be terrible. 2" is a perfect level. 1.5" is a little rake look.

No comparison between Quicklifts and spacers. Spacers are just that. You would be over extending your stock shocks 1.5-2" so the ride quality will suffer.
Quicklifts are shocks in themselves so the ride quality will not suffer at all and because of them being Rancho's best. the ride quality over stock will be amazing.

As far as install, if you plan on buying shocks along with spacers. i would recomend just the Quicklifts. Why space something you don't have to. Also, either way you go, you will still need a front end alignment afterwards.

Old 10-01-2009, 05:56 PM
bwheelersc
Professional

With the Quicklift put extra stress on the coil since the stock coil is used? I have also read on the forum that the quicklift is not adjustable in height, only in the stiffness in the ride, and it does not specify between vehicles what the height difference will be, thats why i was asking if anyone has one on their truck and what the measurement difference was. Am i correct in my thinking?

Old 10-01-2009, 06:16 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator

Originally Posted by bwheelersc
With the Quicklift put extra stress on the coil since the stock coil is used? I have also read on the forum that the quicklift is not adjustable in height, only in the stiffness in the ride, and it does not specify between vehicles what the height difference will be, thats why i was asking if anyone has one on their truck and what the measurement difference was. Am i correct in my thinking?
Right on their website they say there are adjustments for height. That is adjustable based on owners demands ONLY at the time of install. Once they are installed at say...1.5" height, they cannot be changed to 2" without pulling everything back apart. it is an install adjustment only to suit owners needs. That adjustment is completely seperate from stifness that is controlled by the little **** on the bottom that range from 1-9 and 9 being stiffest.
The spring perch is located higher than factory. That's what makes it a lifted shock. It does not compress your stock coil anymore than the OEM shock does.
You follow?

Old 10-01-2009, 06:20 PM
bwheelersc
Professional

Awesome, thats what i wanted to hear. Now only if they were cheaper, haha. Thats for your help. what do you have on your truck?

Old 10-01-2009, 06:22 PM
bwheelersc
Professional

looks like about 400 bucks for both. Then i'm putting on 285-70-17 Toyo Open Country AT's. Hopefully it looks as good as I hope.

Quick Reply: Rancho Quick lift vs. ready lift spacer