3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

How to Prevent being Towed

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2009, 05:44 PM
OlDirtyJohn
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

my apt complex has visitor parking...... its called the street. parking a block or two away and then walking is way better than getting towed any day of the week. if you are unsure about the spot, dont park there. once again, park a little further away in a spot you are certain is ok, and hoof it the rest of the way.

Old 10-06-2009, 05:49 PM
Bluesmanjesse
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm just Glad I live in a farming county no stupid apartment rules and $hit! That is a scam if I ever saw one $250 scam! The bad part is it's probably being pushed by the owner of the towing company not the poor guy driving the truck who's just doing his job(except for owner/operator types). Either way it's almost criminal to fleece the sheep like that,I understand apartment residents getting upset if they are paying rent and can't park in front of thier apartment but if there's plenty of parking and you are polite and try not to park right in front of someones apartment I say a polite"could you please move your vehicle" should suffice. Then if the offending parker doesn't comply then call the tow truck. Just my 2 cents

Old 10-06-2009, 05:54 PM
VP64
Captain

when i read the story bout the mustang, it tatatatolly reminded me of this lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhwhFDC4ljE

Old 10-06-2009, 06:15 PM
truckin151
Grand Champion

Well man all I can say is that you have to look at both ways. Coming from renting an aparment for a few years, coming home from work or the store to find some jackass parked in my covered spot right in front of my apartment when its 110* out, you're getting your *** towed or moved. There is no nice way of dealing with it as you have to find the person who parked there to kindly tell them to move their ***, we were lucky in the fact that the complex made the calls to ask around about the car in question for us.

On the flip side of things, Hauling a full keg through a parking lot, from down the street, ect. when you can just as easily park in the spot right up close is not a very simple decision either since parking up close and not paying attention to any signs is much more convinient.

And then the blame can also be passed down to a friend for not explaining how their parking works. If they know all the spots are tenant only they should tell you that so you dont park there.

Finally the tow trucks should not be casing the lots for a quick bust/$$$, what happens if the person living there has to use a rental car for a night because their car is down? The tenant still lives there but the sticker is on their other car, the tow truck drive does not know this. Most of the time at our old apartment complex if someone would park in our reserved spot we would get a call for management saying that there was a car not matching out vehicles description in our reserved spot and asked us what we wanted to do. Sometimes it wasn't a problem if one of us was at work and we would tell them to keep an eye out for them around when we would be coming home and the person would get a warning sticker on their vehicle, other times we would be on our way home with a full load of grocieries and have to have someone moved (90% of the time a call was made to the assigned spots appartment on either side of us and it was one of their guests or one of the other tenants that had their spot taken) so no one was really towed. Still it was the apartments call on towing after they check with the tenants.

Moral of the story, read before you park if you are the guest. Ask your friend that you are visiting (hosting the kegger) where guest parking is as they should know. If the spot you are parking in is up close or covered eventhough it is not marked it is more than likely reserved.

For the bar scene though, use a cone and "act" like you are working, it does work or at least around here it works...

Last edited by truckin151; 10-06-2009 at 06:22 PM.
Old 10-06-2009, 07:50 PM
SmokeySportRam
Captain

they will just drag you truck out in park.... they are doucebags.

Quick Reply: How to Prevent being Towed