3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Anyone do a body lift on an 07?

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2009, 08:05 AM
ekgaudio
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I found one that BDS makes and it includes relocation brackets for the fan shroud instead of having to cut it in half. The kit is more expensive by about $120 so not sure if it's worth it.

Old 10-16-2009, 08:34 AM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Frog, you running meth or something? Or did you just change out your coolant reseviour?

Old 10-16-2009, 10:19 AM
RubberFrog
Champion

Originally Posted by ekgaudio
I found one that BDS makes and it includes relocation brackets for the fan shroud instead of having to cut it in half. The kit is more expensive by about $120 so not sure if it's worth it.
Why reinvent the wheel? The PA kit has been around for a long time now. It is a proven kit with quality components. I don't understand why everybody makes a big deal out of the fan shroud. Make a few cuts... drill a few holes... bing bada boom... you're done! I've installed 3 of the PA kits and they are fairly easy to do. There are a lot of steps involved, but nothing particularly difficult. It's like building one of those 5,000 piece lego kits, just take your time and do it right.

Originally Posted by dirtydog
Frog, you running meth or something? Or did you just change out your coolant reseviour?
I just swapped out the stock reservoir. It doesn't look good when you go to an efan.

Name:  washerfluid.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  63.0 KB

Old 10-16-2009, 10:31 AM
dodgenitto
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by RubberFrog
no way
Agree! It took myself and 2 mechanics of 10 years about 8-10 hours and a case of beer to get it done. Even without the case of beer there is no way we could have gotten it done in 4 hours. Like Frog said there are a lot of little details that you can't just fly through that fast. And the fan shroud is no big deal. Grinding the front bumper and trying to fit it on the truck a few times to get it straight seemed to be the biggest pain in the a$$.

Last edited by dodgenitto; 10-16-2009 at 10:34 AM.
Old 10-16-2009, 12:43 PM
ekgaudio
Rookie

ok well thanks guys. I just didn't think the fan shroud should be modified in any way but everyone seems to be ok have with it so I will give a try.

I'm planning on running 35x12.50 with a leveling kit when im done, that should fit right?

Old 10-16-2009, 01:11 PM
RubberFrog
Champion

It worked for me!

Old 10-16-2009, 01:29 PM
ekgaudio
Rookie

Ok cool. Sounds like a have a nice project in a couple weeks.
Thanks guys.

Old 10-17-2009, 09:11 AM
12elentless
Professional

Originally Posted by RubberFrog
no way
Yes way. remove coolant thing,airbox, washer fluid, fan shroud, bumpers. Loosen all body bolts. Take out bolts on one side. Jack up that side, replace bolts, leave loose. Repeat. Tighten down bolts. Repeat for bed. Steering extension. Mount rear bumper using brackets. Cut front bumper mounts, install. I'm telling you,read the book, plan ahead, have your gameplan laid out, you can do it in 4 hours. It took me and a buddy half a day and that was with a case and goofing off and stopping to watch florida play football on tv.

Old 10-17-2009, 09:29 AM
RubberFrog
Champion

I guess if you leave out half the steps like you just described.

Old 10-17-2009, 01:21 PM
DodgeThunder
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 12elentless
Yes way.
Holy **** folks, we have found superman!!! I still call bull**** but w/e.

EKGaudio, Be prepared for a good 12 hrs with a couple buddies if its your first time.. Make sure you have a grinder and access to a welder for the crush blocks.. I lost 1 driving around for a couple days until I could get to my buddies to use his welder.. Other then that take your time and follow the book cover to cover, cross out each step as you do it.. and capeesh..

Rubberfrog is your kung fu video before or after you put the suspension lift in? Im trying to get a good idea of height when I do the suspension along with the body.. Are you running 35s to?

Last edited by DodgeThunder; 10-17-2009 at 01:24 PM.

Quick Reply: Anyone do a body lift on an 07?