3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Anyone do a body lift on an 07?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2009, 02:45 PM
RubberFrog
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kung Fu is pre suspension, post bl. The pic in my sig is 6"suspension +3"bl. All on 35s.

Old 10-18-2009, 08:25 PM
ekgaudio
Rookie

Originally Posted by DodgeThunder
Holy **** folks, we have found superman!!! I still call bull**** but w/e.

EKGaudio, Be prepared for a good 12 hrs with a couple buddies if its your first time.. Make sure you have a grinder and access to a welder for the crush blocks.. I lost 1 driving around for a couple days until I could get to my buddies to use his welder.. Other then that take your time and follow the book cover to cover, cross out each step as you do it.. and capeesh..

Rubberfrog is your kung fu video before or after you put the suspension lift in? Im trying to get a good idea of height when I do the suspension along with the body.. Are you running 35s to?
Yea I watched that youtube video a couple times and read the instruction manual over a few also. Just alot of steps if you follow it correctly. I'm gonna do with my brother at our dads auto shop so I should have access to all the tools i need.

Can't wait to get those new rims and 35"s on her! I just need to decide if I wanna run 20" rims or 18".

Old 10-18-2009, 09:42 PM
RubberFrog
Champion

I'm not a fan of 20s with 35s. Looks to gangsta fabulous, but that's a personal opinion. As far as 18s, you can get tires a whole lot cheaper for 17s and most folks can't tell the difference.

Old 10-19-2009, 07:55 AM
ekgaudio
Rookie

Good tip! I will look into the 17". I was thinking that if I ever added a suspension lift, having 17" would maybe look to small against say 37" tires.

Quick Reply: Anyone do a body lift on an 07?