3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Dealership Maintenance Help ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2009, 06:50 PM
SilentRamAD
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Dealership Maintenance Help ?

So I just got an email today from my trucks dealership regarding my 6,000mi. routine maintenance.

My question is, now that I have a K&N CAI (Isn't CARB exempt), Airaid TB spacer (Which is CARB exempt), and a few other things that are completely reasonable. Should I remove the CAI and re-install the stock intake . . . or leave it as is and see what they say ? I'm d*** sure they'll make my model intake CARB exempt in the future due to it's not the shiny polished intake design but rather the simple black design. But for not it isn't . . . any advice ?

Oh I'd for sure reset the PCM to stock settings of course .

Old 10-18-2009, 07:39 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

I would remove the TB spacer and throw it away. Everyone says they do nothing.
It's just an oil and filter change. I would leave everything on there. I take mine in for all of it's oil changes. Airaid MIT and Magnaflow cat-back. No issues.
I do remove the DSP tune, just incase there is an upgraded reflash that pops up. If they a reflash, you will lose your tune and lock your tuner.

My dealer does all of my oil changes. Had it done Thursday. I get email coupons from Dodge plus I got a rewards book when I bought it.
They changed my oil (Pennsoil right now, Mopar oil been on backorder and Mopar has been sending Pennsoil in it's place) 7qts, Mopar filter and replaced both wiper blades for $22.10 tax and all. I couldn't do it myself that cheap

Last edited by lxman1; 10-18-2009 at 07:43 PM.
Old 10-18-2009, 07:58 PM
SilentRamAD
Veteran

Perfect, thanks man. Yeah I've been meaning to take off the TB spacer. Not enough of an increase in mpg if at all to out weigh the "whistle" it makes under certain loads.

Old 10-18-2009, 08:00 PM
SilentRamAD
Veteran

Oh haha, only thing I see wrong with this is that I already had the oil changed a month or so ago at a local place . . . and had planned on doing the next one myself with Mobil 1 and the K&N filter I already have on stand by.

So . . . haha once again besides the removal of the TB spacer, anything else or simply ignore it this time.

Old 10-18-2009, 08:20 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Not really, it should be just an oil change like I said unless there is a reflash for your PCM (probably not). I just let them do mine because it's cheap and if there is a problem down the road, they have records of the maintenance and can't deny a warranty claim.
I would skip it in your case.

Quick Reply: Dealership Maintenance Help ?