3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Heater is pissing me the F*^k Off....

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2009, 10:49 PM
culbee21
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heater is pissing me the F*^k Off....

I have an 02 Ram 1500 and my heater must have a mind of it's on. After the engine warms up (with the **** turned to hot and the other on max air) I turned the fan **** all the way on and the air blows hot for 3-5 secondsand then goes cold. I have gotten a new radiator, new thermostat, and flushed the heater core with minimal success on a working heater system. Any solutions for my problem?

Old 10-18-2009, 11:44 PM
nim81
Record Breaker
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

maybe your blend door under the dash is broken? my heater blows hot air on the passenger side but not on the driverside... i just deal with it.

Old 10-19-2009, 04:09 AM
bigdaddyII
Captain

Originally Posted by nim81
maybe your blend door under the dash is broken? my heater blows hot air on the passenger side but not on the driverside... i just deal with it.

This is how my heater is doing as well. I still gets the truck plenty warm enough for my needs. All the heat you could want on the passenger side, lukewarm air on the drivers. I wonder how hard it would be to get to the piece on the blend door that breaks. I changed out the heater core on my old 1997 F150 and the whole dash had to come out.

Old 10-19-2009, 06:44 AM
ramrod13

Mine does the same thing. Bought a portable plug in heater from the truck stop but it sucks too. let us know what you find out.

Old 10-19-2009, 07:00 PM
culbee21
Default .............heater core flush

Well last night after my post, I went outside and pulled the 2 hoses going to the heater core. I pushed a piece of water hose onto each of them and flushed the heater core out and the heater is working a lot better now. Don't know how long that will last but, it's working for right now.

Old 10-19-2009, 07:23 PM
Snaximus

I had the same issue just recently. Here's what I have learned.
If your blowing heat from the passenger side, but not blowing heat on the driver's side (but you ARE blowing air), it's not the blend door. It's the heater core.

If you air blowing air from one or more (but not ALL) duct outlets, then it's the blend door. Test this by getting up to operating temp, then go through the selector dial one by one...Feet ...Feet/Face ... Face ...etc. if air blows through all the selections, it's not the blend door.

My suggestion is to try flushing the heater core first, If you end up having to replace the heater core, you can get to the blend door at the same time.

Keep us posted. Best o' luck

By the way... heater core..or blend door Dash gotta come out

Last edited by Snaximus; 10-19-2009 at 07:33 PM.

Quick Reply: Heater is pissing me the F*^k Off....