3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

clear corners??

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2009, 12:13 AM
xill
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default clear corners??

the orange sidemarkers inside my headlamp housings are starting to bug me. does anyone know of a place that carries clear lens to replace these with (clear corners)? i can replace the bulb with an amber LED but those orange plastic pieces kinda stick out like a sore thumb on the front corners of my truck

Old 10-22-2009, 12:20 AM
all of 75
Veteran

I think some of the people on here just take out the reflector and leave it that way to get the clear look. I'm sure it's cheaper than buying something new.

Old 10-22-2009, 12:34 AM
xill
Captain

that sounds like an idea too. anyone have any pics of this?

Old 10-22-2009, 12:42 AM
nim81
Record Breaker
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

there will probably be little holes where the reflector is attached,
im getting new headlights and painting them and removing the reflector. i hate mine.

Old 10-22-2009, 12:51 AM
xill
Captain

yea painting the reflector would be my other option but would have to add an LED strip or something to replace the sidemarker. AAC has a nice one

Old 10-22-2009, 01:23 AM
OklaHemi
Champion

Originally Posted by xill
yea painting the reflector would be my other option but would have to add an LED strip or something to replace the sidemarker. AAC has a nice one

why? i have seen may people just paint over it. when i had my 08 i wanted to bondo over it smooth it out so there were no lines.

Old 10-22-2009, 01:25 AM
OklaHemi
Champion

Originally Posted by all of 75
I think some of the people on here just take out the reflector and leave it that way to get the clear look. I'm sure it's cheaper than buying something new.

the 06+ are different from ours. you cant just take it off and leave it. on the 06+ there is a big *** hole behind there not a little wedge like on the 04s.

Old 10-22-2009, 01:40 AM
xill
Captain

Originally Posted by OklaHemi
why? i have seen may people just paint over it. when i had my 08 i wanted to bondo over it smooth it out so there were no lines.
big no-no here in cali. if i remove the sidemarkers i got replace'em with something else or cops will be all over my *** as soon as i hit the streets good thing about the LED strips are that they're clear when the light isn't on so basically invisible until i need them. but much more expensive than a replacement clear corner (if they even make them for the rams, havent seen any yet...)

Old 10-22-2009, 01:43 AM
OklaHemi
Champion

china dropped the ball on the 06+ how about just making it smaller? when you look at it the is the little section in the middle that is glossy. mask that off and go to town painting you heads then you have a litlle custom strip. maybe even hit it with a light coat of nightshades to bring it down a little. just a thought

Old 10-22-2009, 01:45 AM
truckin151
Grand Champion

Be careful with the reflectors, in some states it is illegal to not have the amber reflectors and the clear reflectors dont cut it.... You learn a lot going through the state rules and regulations for vehicle equipment and what is allowed and not allowed to be on the vehicle or messed with. Also a good way to find ways around things to....

Quick Reply: clear corners??