3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

My Morning Race!

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2009, 03:51 PM
Got_Hemi44
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good thing the cop didn't see you. Connecticut just passed a law if your caught street racing it's automatic impound of your vehicle for 30 days, fees for impound, and points on your driving record. I'm pretty sure UPS has very strict rules on your driving record. Some states it's mandatory jail time if caught racing.

Old 11-02-2009, 03:56 PM
EJM05
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by Got_Hemi44
Good thing the cop didn't see you. Connecticut just passed a law if your caught street racing it's automatic impound of your vehicle for 30 days, fees for impound, and points on your driving record. I'm pretty sure UPS has very strict rules on your driving record. Some states it's mandatory jail time if caught racing.

Yup im familiar with all the laws. im sure it wont be the last time I see this guy. next time ill have even more power. haha

Old 11-02-2009, 04:10 PM
truckin151
Grand Champion

65 in a 40 isn't that bad, plus you slowed back down. When I get pissed off cause some douch decides to pull that crap on me I get up to about 60 or so, most of the time a hell of a lot faster than the other guy and then let off, and slow back to the speed limit or just above it by a 5-10mph. Most of the time if its a two lane street I get the speedy drive by after Im already slowing back down, but by that point the damage has been delt. I love the ones that you have beat by 6 cars or so and after you start slowing down cause you just whooped them they speed by you waving and laughing or flipping you off, its like okay, I just spanked you and am clearly letting off the gas and sloing down cause I dont feel the need to keep going after you lost sooooo badly yet you think you won because you passed a vehicle slowing down 5min later after you caught up to them....

Some people just need to know that they dont own the road. I dont drive like a dick at every intersection or down the freeway unless provoked, and by that I mean, someone wanting to cut you off cause a lane ends, or that they do everything they can to get up to the open lane next to you cause they want to pass everyone, or a ricer with the 4' spoiler and coffee can muffler, or just a really nice car that I know I have no chance in hell against just for the fun of it, and it has to be at the right time and right place.

Old 11-02-2009, 04:14 PM
truckin151
Grand Champion

Originally Posted by Got_Hemi44

There is a very fine line between street racing and accelerating really really quickly, and its all up to the cop who see's it or at least thats how it is here. If the cop never saw it from the start it would have probably ended up in a speeding ticket rather than a racing ticket.

Old 11-02-2009, 04:54 PM
Bluesmanjesse
Record Breaker

I too have put the smackdown on a Beemer like the one you raced,I was on a country road with no houses for a mile and no other cars around,so it was relatively safe. There were two young guys in the car(probably thier moms car) and I started to pass them cuz I was running late for work and they were putting along,but as soon as I started to pass they decided to floor it,I was like F that! They started it and tried to hang me out to dry in the left lane,so i floored it and dropped 'em like a hot rock. They had no chance against the Hemi. The kids these days....

Old 11-02-2009, 05:16 PM
BadHab1t
Grand Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

all this racing talk and ppl pointing fingers yes it illegal but its still gonna happen is anyone gonna stop it ? no...the police have tried they just move the spots i live in the tampa bay area and yes we have a problem with it and they are cracking down on it the fines are very hefty now.....but you have to be caught "racing"....its been happening since cars and trucks got "muscle" and it gonna still happen......i dont do it often but i to went to pass a f-150 the other day he was doing 40 in a 55 i delt with it for several miles it was out in the country and i decided to pass i get on it and beside him and he decides hes gonna punch it i was just passing at the speed limit i thought what a douche and i too punched it and spanked him by a few car lengths got into my lane and continued at 60 i was ok with that then he followed me to the next store and bitched and whinned that i passed him and i was being a dick about itand ranting on and on......no gestures no nothing it was a done deal sorry but he was like 20 if that.......like bluesman said kids these days what a punk.....

Old 11-02-2009, 05:48 PM
cheapbeater
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i say nice kill! screw all these guys who are bitchin about the laws and whatnot. i NEVER let people beat me in situations like that. if you didnt want to be able to blow people away when the situation comes up then you should have a 4.7 or a v6.
the story is even better because the *** got pulled over.
again, nice kill, even if you had the guy way outpowered

Old 11-02-2009, 05:52 PM
BadHab1t
Grand Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

easy on the 4.7 guys they are underestimated....we may not have as much power as you guys with hemi's but they still have *****

Old 11-02-2009, 05:55 PM
truckin151
Grand Champion

Originally Posted by jusjay727
easy on the 4.7 guys they are underestimated....we may not have as much power as you guys with hemi's but they still have *****
they're just a little smaller....

J/K... There are some 4.7's out there that can put a hemi to shame....

Old 11-02-2009, 05:56 PM
RubberFrog
Champion

You broke the law. You are a bad, bad man.

Quick Reply: My Morning Race!