3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Need help!! Floor board wire question???

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2009, 09:05 PM
hemidel
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help!! Floor board wire question???

I need help guys. I just recently had the only place in town that sells and installs cb radios install one in my truck. I told the guy i wanted it mounted on the floorboard standing up facing up between the cup holder( while its down) & the seat. Well, i didnt know he was going to drill into the floor board. Well, before i left, i noticed the airbag light was on. Its never been on before. So i told him about it and sure enough there is a bundle of wires on the floorboard next to my 4x4 shifter that runs from the bottom of the console, to the seating underneath the carpeting. I think that one of the wires might have been drilled through it being so close. Can anybody help and tell me what those wires are???? Thanks for any help.

Old 11-02-2009, 09:39 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Uh, I would be making him and his shop foot the bill for the work. They are suppused to LOOK FIRST before they drill. ANY install shop knows that.

Old 11-03-2009, 07:45 PM
hemidel
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your right weedahoe. So, i took your advice because for once i was trying to be patient and let the guy check out the problem. So, took it to the dealership and pretty much told them the problem. The guy drilled through a wire bundle that goes to the passenger side seat belt. So, about $290 to get it fixed. I talked to the guy and I wasnt very calm anymore and he said he would reinburse me. So, i guess i should get that in writing or something?

Old 11-03-2009, 09:30 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

definately get it in writing or get them on the phone with the dealer to make sure they cover it. If you need to you could always involve the BBB

Quick Reply: Need help!! Floor board wire question???