3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

indecisive!

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2009, 04:50 PM
hemi slappin
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default indecisive!

for along time i have been wanting headers for my truck! i have an 06 hemi.. my truck already has ture duals and a CAI... i only 2 more things for it being headers and a programmer.. im pretty set on getting a diablo over the SC but i do not know if i should get the headers first or get the programmer.. i know a programmer can do a lot more.. but which will give me the most race performance and total power gains?.. i need opinions on what to purchase first.. thanks

Old 11-04-2009, 04:53 PM
Bluesmanjesse
Record Breaker

I'd say get the tuner first,you'll need it anyways.

Old 11-04-2009, 04:55 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by hemi slappin
for along time i have been wanting headers for my truck! i have an 06 hemi.. my truck already has ture duals and a CAI... i only 2 more things for it being headers and a programmer.. im pretty set on getting a diablo over the SC but i do not know if i should get the headers first or get the programmer.. i know a programmer can do a lot more.. but which will give me the most race performance and total power gains?.. i need opinions on what to purchase first.. thanks

couple things. Trottle body spacers are useless on newer vehicles.
And True duals are LT headers all the way back out. 2pipes-1pipe-2pipes again is not "true duals". You cannot say that duals from the Y-pipe back are true. they are simply duals.

If your just gonna do headers and a tuner and not get involved with heavy cams and other stuff. I'd say get a SC unless the Diablo has TCM support for the 06's? partial up/downshift features???? But SC is moments away from releasing the ultimate Update for our trucks. Full control over TCM and TM. Just no custom tunes, but light cams and LT headers are fine for a SC programmer.

Personally, I would get a Tuner first. Then get LT headers. Pacesetter's from Moe's performance will do the trick. Guys like them because they are cheap and produce good gains. i would opt for the coated one's from Moe's because they are done by JetHot.(coated inside and out)

Old 11-04-2009, 05:03 PM
truckin151
Grand Champion

Get the tuner first and worry about the headers later.

Old 11-04-2009, 05:18 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Yep, you are on the right track with wanting a programmer and headers, but I'd get the programmer first.

and like 'dog said, ditch the TB spacer. At best it does nothing and I've seen some dyno sheets where it actually decreases performance on modern TB vehicles...

Old 11-04-2009, 06:52 PM
AF_HEMI
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+1 on tuner first (like dog said, superchips for sure over diablo unless you're planning on major tuning)

another +1 on Pacesetter headers. Great price, as good of gains as any, easy install (check out my write up in the 3rd Gen FAQ)

Old 11-04-2009, 06:58 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Put me down as another vote for the tuner. And dog is right about the update coming from SC, I am running the beta version of it right now and it is sweet.

Old 11-04-2009, 07:06 PM
hemi slappin
Professional

ok guys appreciate it.. ill ask for a tuner for my bday haha its this month soo hopefully i get it... and dog i have true duals i have an exhaust pipe coming from each manifold back i dont have a Y or X pipe its 2 seperate pipes all the way back.. and ok ill probably ask for an SC i just liked that you could do custom tunes in diablo

Quick Reply: indecisive!