3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Bad bouncing on freeway...

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2009, 07:38 PM
s13_marine
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was planning on pulling it out tomorrow, but after looking at it... I don't think it will help all that much. It really doesn't look like it effects the wheel/axle movement untill the other springs have moved quite a bit. It's essentially just a piece of metal just wedged between the axle and the springs with more sticking out forward and aft. It would just sit a tiny bit lower and ride the same I think. I'll replace the shocks, acess the ride and go from there. If it's still rough, I can throw some sandbags back there I suppose.

Old 11-10-2009, 08:19 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Yeah, they ar epretty much inert until you load the rear and it squats down. I am going with the Bilsteins as well because my stock shocks are way to soft for me. I think the high pressure gas will help keep the tires planted on the ground and hopefully keep the truck in one lane when hitting bumps in the road unlike it does now!!
http://www.shockwarehouse.com/site/bst_truck.cfm

Old 11-19-2009, 01:31 PM
s13_marine
Professional

Update: Decides to take the advive and put 3 full sandbags in the bed this trip down... didn't see much of an improvement if any. Is three enough or do I need more? How many do ya suggest?

Old 11-19-2009, 05:03 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

I always did two 50# bags inside each tire well hump. If you got 150# in there and are still hoppin, then you have rear suspension issues, whether it be just shocks or more...

Old 11-20-2009, 04:54 PM
s13_marine
Professional

Originally Posted by HammerZ71
I always did two 50# bags inside each tire well hump. If you got 150# in there and are still hoppin, then you have rear suspension issues, whether it be just shocks or more...
Yeah, i'd say they're about 40 a piece, not super-full.... but still. Yeah, gonna replace the shocks. Just sucks, I'm deploying in about a month and really didn't want to do that before I left. The trucks gonna be stored on jack stands for at least 8 months.... maybe i'll just wait. Hell... I dont know.

Old 11-23-2009, 10:24 AM
LBPGH

I have the same issue since i bought my truck last october. certified pre-owned my a$$. 8 tires, 6 balance jobs an alignment and new shocks all around and it is still there. worse when going through bends on highway.

Quick Reply: Bad bouncing on freeway...