3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

More Window Leak Woes

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2009, 12:37 AM
Fyparr
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question More Window Leak Woes

Hello everyone, I need some help/advice with a stressful problem.

The back story: awhile ago I posted about having a serious rear window leak in my 08 QC Ram, purchased 8/31/08. The truck has been in three times for the same problem, taken to the same Lithia dealership each time. However, I moved an hour and a half away from said dealer about 6 months ago.

The window started leaking again in late October. Yesterday I took it to a near-by Swift dealership, which leak tested the window today and verified that the seal was leaking (necessitating a 4th repair-crucial for the Lemon Law). However, they said they will not service it because it has already been serviced by the other dealer, and that I need to take the truck to them.

Frustrated, I promptly contacted the service manager at the Lithia dealership, who returned my call and said that he replaced the entire window assembly and if it is leaking it should be covered under warranty. He went on to say, "I do not want to work on your truck." (Due in large part to the fact that I filed a BAR complaint against them on a separate issue, and they [the glass shop they contract out to] royally trashed the truck over the course of attempting to repair/replace the window three times, and I made him fix it right every time - replace the damaged carpet, trim, repaint the back of the cab, etc.). He said he will speak with the service manager of my local Swift dealership to find a resolution.

As of right now I have two dealerships who are trying not to work on it. One is an hour and a half away and doing their best not to deal with the truck (and me), the other saying that Dodge will not pay to have it replaced again when it ought to be covered by the other dealer (and/or the glass shop). I side with Swift and therefore believe Lithia should be the one to fix it, but again, why should I have to make an hour and half trip, on top of the following chaos that will ensue (loaner, gas, back and forth, etc.)?

I am very much aware of the Lemon Law; in California it is 4 failed repair attempts and contact of the manufacturer, within the first 18 months or 18,000mi. I am less than 4 months away from the 18 month cutoff (there are less than 9700 miles on the truck). I am hoping to hear back from someone tomorrow, and see where things stand.

What would be your next step (besides going postal)? Where can I find contact information on zone/district/regional representatives? I see the 1-800-992-1997 number in my owner's manual but haven't called. Should I be writing Chrysler about the situation so I am geared up to enact the Lemon Law?

Thank you for taking the time to read, and appreciate any feedback.

-One dissatisfied Dodge owner

Last edited by Fyparr; 11-11-2009 at 01:21 AM.
Old 11-11-2009, 01:25 AM
cheapbeater
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

that sucks dude, nothing worse than getting the run around by not one, but TWO dealerships! i didnt think it was that hard to seal a window properly, especially a rear that has no wind force on it.
if it's warrantied by the other dealer they have to repair it right? maybe they would just pay the dealer you are at now to repair it... just so they dont have to deal with you.
but be ready, if they can find a way to weasel out of it they will...

Quick Reply: More Window Leak Woes