3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Bilstein front leveling shocks for 06-08 Rams

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2009, 06:17 PM
TheFist
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bilstein front leveling shocks for 06-08 Rams

Anybody have any experience with these? I'm thinking about replacing the stock shocks with these. I'm only going to lift the front end 1". These shocks are adjustable from stock to 2.5"

Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with them and if the death wobble became an issue after installing them.

Old 11-21-2009, 06:29 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

No experience with the Bilsteins but I'd imagine they would be similar to the Rancho QuickLift for coil over front end trucks. Put a set on for a buddy with an '06 about a year or so ago. Great product, very good ride on his vehicle. Bilstein's reputation is every bit as good as Rancho's, so I'm sure they are a quality product...

Old 11-21-2009, 10:57 PM
Mikey1
Rookie

Put a set on my truck the same time i did my 4" lift they are great ride but they cost a bit more then Rancho. So if asked if I would spend the money again I would.
You will be happy with them.

Old 11-22-2009, 10:02 AM
TheFist
Veteran

Thanks guys, appreciate it. I tried to order a set yesterday but there was some kind of problem coming up with the right part # on the computer so I have to wait until Monday. Figured I would throw this out there and see if anybody has any experience with them.

Hammer, on your buddy's truck...did you do level the front end or stop somewhere short of it?

Old 11-22-2009, 12:17 PM
butch1581
Captain

Where are you getting these things from? Is it a kit that actually levels the truck, or is the level kit something else and you are just putting nes shocks on? Thanks man.

Old 11-22-2009, 01:13 PM
AsphaltCowboy
Veteran

i had bilstein shocks on my Xterra's. great product. i got the ones 20% stiffer then the stock ones and they made the ride so much better. i took off the rear sway bar on each and never had a problem.

Old 11-22-2009, 01:55 PM
TheFist
Veteran

Originally Posted by butch1581
Where are you getting these things from? Is it a kit that actually levels the truck, or is the level kit something else and you are just putting nes shocks on? Thanks man.
I'm buying mine from 4 wheel parts. They're shocks, the front are coilover and they have an adjustable snap ring on the front shocks coils that allow you to choose a front end height between stock and 2-1/2 inches. The Rancho quicklift is basically the same thing and you can find pics of that on the net.

Old 11-22-2009, 04:39 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by TheFist
Thanks guys, appreciate it. I tried to order a set yesterday but there was some kind of problem coming up with the right part # on the computer so I have to wait until Monday. Figured I would throw this out there and see if anybody has any experience with them.

Hammer, on your buddy's truck...did you do level the front end or stop somewhere short of it?
We left it about 1/2" under true level. Like me, the guy carries an ATV in the bed often and he didn't want the truck to actually be nose up with the ATV in the bed. The rake is only slight with the bed empty, hard to tell it's not level. I can tell when the truck is on perfectly level ground, but I also know it. If I didn't know, I prolly wouldn't notice.

Old 11-22-2009, 10:24 PM
TheFist
Veteran

Thanks, I'm going to leave some rake in mine for the trailer. As it sits, my truck has a pretty good amount of rake right now and when the trailer is hooked up, it levels it out...so I don't want to go full level.

Quick Reply: Bilstein front leveling shocks for 06-08 Rams