3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

I got 2 Questions...

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2009, 10:56 PM
98cherryram
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are your wheels polished, or chrome? because that makes a complete difference as to what you can do with them, didnt dodge offer the wheels as both polished and chrome??? If they are polished then you get a stitched wheel, and angle grinder, and some rouge and polish away, if they are chrome then sometimes they are beyond recovery, and sometimes it is just the clear coat, I would take them to both a wheel and tire shop and a paint shop and see what kinds of answers you get. But also find out if they are chrome or polished before you do anything.

Old 11-29-2009, 11:00 PM
rochefort978
Professional

Originally Posted by 98cherryram
Are your wheels polished, or chrome? because that makes a complete difference as to what you can do with them, didnt dodge offer the wheels as both polished and chrome??? If they are polished then you get a stitched wheel, and angle grinder, and some rouge and polish away, if they are chrome then sometimes they are beyond recovery, and sometimes it is just the clear coat, I would take them to both a wheel and tire shop and a paint shop and see what kinds of answers you get. But also find out if they are chrome or polished before you do anything.
I know it is their fake 20" rim... It comes up as a styled steel rim. It basically seems like a hub cap.. that just tucks behind the lip of the rim. So idk if it's really like a plastic or cheap metal.. I dont think Dodge offered a true chrome rim on them trucks...

Old 11-29-2009, 11:02 PM
rochefort978
Professional

Originally Posted by Off_Road_Teacher
When you install the e-fan it frees up some power from your engine bc it removes the parasitic loss caused by the stock clutch fan. The biggest thing I noticed was a pretty good jump in my MPG's. I also could feel a little boost in power too.

I did all the tint myself. I started on the tails and then after I felt pretty confident on my tinting skills I moved on to the windows. Turned out pretty well if I do say so myself .
I'll have to look into the e-fan. If I don't end up doing it soon I will def end up doing it by spring/summer. I know this comes up a lot but what kind of MPG you seeing outta that thing? All I can seem to get outta my Hemi is about 13 on a good day. All I have done to it is K&N CAI system, and Flowmaster 40 series exhaust dumped before the rear wheel. But nice job on the tints! My truck is the flame red and I honestly dont know where to go for a look... Black accessories or chrome lol

Old 11-29-2009, 11:10 PM
98cherryram
Record Breaker

Dodge offered a polished wheel, thats the better option over the chrome wheel. the polished wheels are the same material as an alcoa semi truck wheel, I wash semi trucks and I have seen their wheels get worse than any car or truck wheel and all it takes is a good cutting rouge, a stitch wheel on an angle grinder, then onto a softer rouge, basically three steps, the white rouge is the softest and after you get done with the white rouge the wheels should look brand new, at least if you do have the polished ones, but it doesnt sound as though you do.

Old 11-29-2009, 11:17 PM
reefguy89
Captain

since u have an 03 wat about the tmr delete/mod. its free

Old 11-29-2009, 11:34 PM
rochefort978
Professional

Originally Posted by 98cherryram
Dodge offered a polished wheel, thats the better option over the chrome wheel. the polished wheels are the same material as an alcoa semi truck wheel, I wash semi trucks and I have seen their wheels get worse than any car or truck wheel and all it takes is a good cutting rouge, a stitch wheel on an angle grinder, then onto a softer rouge, basically three steps, the white rouge is the softest and after you get done with the white rouge the wheels should look brand new, at least if you do have the polished ones, but it doesnt sound as though you do.
No... I guess I do not have the polished wheels... Just the plain jane 20" ones.. Am I stuck with it???

Old 11-29-2009, 11:35 PM
rochefort978
Professional

Originally Posted by reefguy89
since u have an 03 wat about the tmr delete/mod. its free
tmr delete/mod?? never heard of it! I'm interested though..

Old 11-29-2009, 11:51 PM
josemer09
Rookie

Originally Posted by rochefort978
tmr delete/mod?? never heard of it! I'm interested though..
found this old thread hope it helps https://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen...elete-mod.html

Old 11-30-2009, 06:40 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Off_Road_Teacher
When you install the e-fan it frees up some power from your engine bc it removes the parasitic loss caused by the stock clutch fan. The biggest thing I noticed was a pretty good jump in my MPG's. I also could feel a little boost in power too.

I did all the tint myself. I started on the tails and then after I felt pretty confident on my tinting skills I moved on to the windows. Turned out pretty well if I do say so myself .
Teach, all that black is hella sexy. I cant wait to get my truck repainted one day soon. And that e-fan mod is something Ive been meaning to check in to and just keep forgetting about.

Old 11-30-2009, 08:32 AM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by weedahoe
Teach, all that black is hella sexy. I cant wait to get my truck repainted one day soon. And that e-fan mod is something Ive been meaning to check in to and just keep forgetting about.
Thanks man, appreciate it. The e-fan is definitly a mod you should do. It is pretty easy and gets nice gains in mpg over the stock clutch fan.

Quick Reply: I got 2 Questions...