3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

I got 2 Questions...

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2009, 08:57 AM
BadHab1t
Grand Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

your wheels are chrome clad they are a plastic cover there prolly is no repair if the salt has corroded them but beware dodge did release a certain amount of rims that are the 20" style that are real aluminum they do not have a plastic cover so make sure you have the plastic cover before you decide what to do with them ..... if they are plastic you could always sand em real good and paint them what ever color you fancy a black n red truck is always sexy.....e-fan is a great route but make sure the fan is out of a 3.8l taurus i am too looking into this mod soon......and as always teach's truck is a a sweet murder mobile.....

Old 11-30-2009, 09:43 AM
rochefort978
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jusjay727
your wheels are chrome clad they are a plastic cover there prolly is no repair if the salt has corroded them but beware dodge did release a certain amount of rims that are the 20" style that are real aluminum they do not have a plastic cover so make sure you have the plastic cover before you decide what to do with them ..... if they are plastic you could always sand em real good and paint them what ever color you fancy a black n red truck is always sexy.....e-fan is a great route but make sure the fan is out of a 3.8l taurus i am too looking into this mod soon......and as always teach's truck is a a sweet murder mobile.....
Yeah... I'm 99% sure that the rims do have the plastic cover on them... Guess I never thought about painting them.. I'm not exactly the worlds best painter but I must admit I have seen the red trucks that have kinda been blacked out and it looks darn good. How bad are the rims to paint??

Old 11-30-2009, 10:19 AM
BadHab1t
Grand Champion

teach has a diy in the faq section but you have to change the show threads to the beginning its at the bottom left of the page i haven't done it cause i want black center chrome lip wheels i think.....

Old 11-30-2009, 04:32 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

Originally Posted by rochefort978
Yeah... I'm 99% sure that the rims do have the plastic cover on them... Guess I never thought about painting them.. I'm not exactly the worlds best painter but I must admit I have seen the red trucks that have kinda been blacked out and it looks darn good. How bad are the rims to paint??
Painting rims is pretty easy, it is really all about the prep. I did mine about 15 months ago and I still haven't had to do a touch up.

Old 11-30-2009, 06:44 PM
rochefort978
Professional

Originally Posted by Off_Road_Teacher
Painting rims is pretty easy, it is really all about the prep. I did mine about 15 months ago and I still haven't had to do a touch up.

Wow nice. You guys think the red with black rims would look good? Gloss black or flat black?

Old 11-30-2009, 08:40 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

Originally Posted by rochefort978
You guys think the red with black rims would look good? Gloss black or flat black?
Red and black always look good together. I don't think you can go wrong with a red truck rolling on black rims.

Old 11-30-2009, 09:15 PM
hometheaterman
Champion

Originally Posted by Off_Road_Teacher
How about an e-fan, it is a good mod and it is not too expensive to swap in.
That's something I'd consider doing also.

Old 12-06-2009, 10:44 AM
hemiraptor700

How exactly did you mount the lights behind the grill, I think it looks awesome. I popped my hood and looked and I don't really see how it would go.

Old 12-07-2009, 02:03 PM
rochefort978
Professional

Originally Posted by hemiraptor700
How exactly did you mount the lights behind the grill, I think it looks awesome. I popped my hood and looked and I don't really see how it would go.
all i had to do to mount the lights is under the hood there should be a support running right in front of your radiator and I had to drill 2 holes to hold the light mount and just ran the wring with the hose running along that support. I hope that helps I guess in other terms if you have the step on your front bumper the support is almost right in front of where you would stand.

Quick Reply: I got 2 Questions...